1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Its not my cup of tea

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 26, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Some people forget their old life when they start living a luxurious life. Only some are lucky that they start a life with all facilities but some have to struggle to lead a comfortable life. Some never forget their olden days as they know how much they had to struggle to reach this stage.

But there are some people who when they have a comfortable life forget about the past and act as if from the beginning they have been leading a luxurious life. They will say oh I wear only cotton sarees, other sarees I am not comfortable, I drink only distilled water and carry it anywhere I go, ordinary waters I cant drink and so on and on. I have come across such people thats why felt like writing.

In case of some people their children must be abroad and leading a simple life but his parents here act as if they are living abroad though they wil be staying in India only.

In life we should always learn not to hurt others by our talk because some people are not so lucky to lead a luxurious life and some people like to lead a simple life.

2. lakshmimys

lakshmimys Senior IL'ite

Yes you are true. May be they cannot able to balance it.

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    A thought provoking post. Yes . you are correct. But some people think that leading a simple life means living without any material possessions.But,
    the Simple Life is not letting your possessions control you, it is living within your means and not worrying about mounting debt, and it is laughter, quiet, and learning and evaluating all that goes around you. It is not accepting what you see on television or the internet as written in stone; for in fact, it is someone's opinion or view of a situation and it may or may not be yours.[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] with love[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] pad pad
    [/FONT]

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Simplicity, Humbleness comes with upbringing.
    Very rightly said Viji mami.
    My parents always have brought all 4 of us up saying that we should always maintain a low profile, mix with everybody and never differentiate rich and poor and treat them all alike...and thanks to them we 4 children proudly say that we follow that.........
    I am very happy to share here about my parents.

5. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi Viji
    "In case of some people their children must be abroad and leading a simple life but his parents here act as if they are living abroad though they wil be staying in India only. "

I have come across such silly people too and always wonder if its their insecurity or inferiority complex that makes them brag like that !

My take on this is, if one's life has become better, by all means enjoy it,for " a better life " is what everyone aims for. But there's no necessity to show off or brag about it.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi

Welcome to my thread and thanks for the nice fb

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini

Thanks for your wonderful fb and there is so much meaning in your fb.

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

Kudos to your parents for your upbringing. Your dad must be very proud of his children for following wht he has said.

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi

Thanks for your wonderful fb and I agree with what you have written

love
    viji

10. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear viji

rightly said. There are people like that around us. They will boost for nothing. Also there are people like Shri Abdul kalam and Rajnikant who wont hesitate to publicly admit their past. My MIL used to say " Alpanukku selvam vanda ardha rathri kodai pidippan ". We have to just ignore them.

ganges