1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Its not an EMA...but is it right?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by heron, Feb 4, 2012.

1. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,o

I got a trainee position in a company. And there are 12 trainees...Iam the only female. I am married 7yrs...wonderful family. But lately (from a year) my husband got arthritis...at very young days. Some days are like he cant walk and I have to take care of him ...he cant lift his legs even thou he is on bed. But I dont complain...i love him...i love him a lot.

Oe of the guys(who is married) has fallen for me....he stated being very nice and said to me that he loved me a lot . I straight away said...its not gonna happen in this life. I would not even think of leaving my sweetheart..he continued...he said he didi want anything but just keep him as a friend and he just wants to know if i am alive. I said" if you say you love me...its never gonna happen" we can try being friends thou. I have other friends in the training and i told him I will treat him the same way. he refused first...but now he says he realised. I have bluntly and clearly told him that never could anyone take my darlings place.

I am that type of girl who never had any affairs before marriage...my husband was my first love. But my husband taught me that I shd be an extrovert so I satrted speaking openly with both men and women.

Somehow I feel I am doing a wrong thing by keeping someone who had feelings for me...but he says..'trust me...i just wanna be your friend'. Is what I am doing a cheating?:hide:

2. ImShweta

ImShweta New IL'ite

No i dont think ur cheating but i think u need to stop talking to him or if not try to reduce talking to him means keep minimum like just work related stuff.

Shweta

3. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Heron,

I can just say be careful with this guy...
    I am not sure and ofcourse doubt his intentions... This is the first thing which flashed in my mind after I read your post.

Thanks
    Malar

1 person likes this.
  4. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

why does he want to be " just friend" with you??have you ever disclosed your family details to him?

1 person likes this.
  5. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

As long as your conscious is clear it's not cheating. Word of warning though he might be using the friendship line to get your guard down so be careful with the guy.

3 people like this.
  6. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

I would not see it as cheating unless you reciprocate his feelings for you.

The guy at work, a married man who knows you too are married, should not have even said something like it in the first place and from what you've said, he seems to be fishing for your vulnerable points.

If you are confident about yourself, you know you love your husband and no one else, its nothing to worry about. But if you yourself doubt if its wrong, you might as well ignore anyone else's opinion and put him in his place and just avoid further thoughts about this.

3 people like this.
  7. SurekhaKrishna

SurekhaKrishna Bronze IL'ite

why add extra headache to already busy( with responsibilities) life?Dont believe him. he is just out of his limits.
    It's not a cinema he's not a hero.I hate him.he may take advantage by saying It's all friendship.
    who believes a guy anyways?

8. IndianFunTube

IndianFunTube New IL'ite

This is a common technique used by desperate guys. First, they'll befriend you. Then, they'll talk sweet and nice like they care for you. Eventually, they'll get what they want and walk off without battling an eyelid. Stay away from him if you do not want to get entangled in a web of guilt and deceit. However, kudos to you for being so straight forward with him.

12 people like this.
  9. indianinbayarea

indianinbayarea New IL'ite

I think there is something missing in this story. I feel 2 things

1. The guy maybe genuine. But the possibility of this is very less
    2. I agree with Indianfuntube. Maybe he is tryin to take advantage. I don't think its EMA because you have clearly made your intentions clear. But I think he knows about your husband and thats why he is trying to enter your mind and trying to divert your attention. Do one thing. Tell him "if you want me to be your friend, invite me home, let me meet your wife and family etc". I am sure he will back off.

If he wants to have an EMA, he would not like his wife to know about you. But I agree with most of the people who have posted here. Just be careful

10. Reflection123

Reflection123 New IL'ite

If I were you..I would not keep friendship with a guy who would express love to me while knowing that I am married, and on top of that he himself is married too!!...I would point blankly tell him, that I cannot spend time outside or talk anything with him beyond what is professional.

You're not cheating your husband yet, but I think you're cheating yourself in believing that this is friendship. One sided friendship-one-sided love is NOT friendship, its just a complicated relation!!..

6 people like this.