1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It's Fun! Compliment or Comment

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by srivatsa, Jan 31, 2008.

1. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I would like to share with you all a incident which happend recently. I am very talkative person by nature and my hubby compliments the other part of it. Where ever we are with family, friends or alone, i do the most part of the talk and he does the rest with his smiles. Its another story that people can never interpret his smile. An obvious fact is that, because of my talkative nature people, i am considered to be dominating.Actual fact is a secret of our life.Most of the time my family pulls my leg asking me to suggest how to control husband.
    ok, coming to the actual incident,in the presence of my inlaws i was restricting from hubby from doing something which i did not want him to do.My FIL started talking to me saying that what is this you dominate my son too much. You know before marriage he was like a tiger and people used to get scared talking to him. But now you have made him a deer.I took it as a compliment as is my nature and told my FIL there is nothing like that and he need not worry too much about his grown up son.The whole day i was smiling remembering the incident.
    do you think it was a comment, i should seriously think about?
    Regards
    Sri

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Re: Its Fun! Compliment or a comment?

Hi Srivatsa,
    This ahppens to most of us women who tell our husband not to do doehing in public or at a relative's house. You can take it both ways, with a pinch of salt. Why take it seriously?? Your husband might listen to you knowing that you are right after all or even to please you. Your FIL could have said it because he also knows his son too well. Leave it at that, you place with your hubby is not the same as your in-laws. When their son is instructed, criticised or complained about they do not like it.
    Smile and carry on!!!

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Re: Its Fun! Compliment or a comment?

Dear Srivatsa,
    All i remembered is a "Veetukku veedu vasalpadi" - which means this issue is prevailing in every house(if you dunt follow Tamil).Its just that women by nature talk more than men.It all depends on the place where you control your hubby.There's nothing wrong in stopping him do something, but the way to tell that should be taken care of.Obviously if we raise voice to stop hubby doing something in front of in laws it reflects bad on us!

So, in some places make sure you have some sign language or just go near him and tell rather than telling across.

I have experienced it several times even in my own house(parent's place) where all my relatives start making fun of me that i have"trained" my hubby to obey! I dunt care for their remarks though...But then i found out codes and sign language to convey something to him or will go near him n whisper or silently move out of the place to talk.

Take Care Sri!

4. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

A confusion, a misunderstanding !

I guess i am not clear the way i have expressed myself. I was just sharing a funny incident of my life on a lighter side. I have absolutely no issues on my FIL's remarks. I am not sure how the subject line of my thread got changed into a cry of mine for HELP!. (Help me understand context of FIL's remark).I am sorry if i have confused people. I am planning to delete the thread if it still creates a wrong intepretations.

Regards
    Sri

5. Jananikrithsan

Re: Help me understand context of FIL's remark

Hi Sri,
    Now that you have made it clear, why shud you delete the thread? It was not sounding like a cry for help, though we have given only suggestions from what we understood.

6. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

Hi janani,

could you please tell me how the subject line of my thread got changed and if i can edit it back to the previous subject, Otherwise i wish to delete the thread , the subject line is creating a wrong meaning.

Regards
    Sri

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,
    I think you should get in touch with the moderator of this sub forum for sorting out the title of the post.As far as i know, only moderators own the rights to edit the titles that we have given.They should have done it for a genuine reason, so please contact them...

Also,just a suggestion, theres nothing wrong in what you have asked dear, dunt panic.

8. Jananikrithsan

Sri,
    It is what people understood including me. You have made your post clear now.So let it stay like I said earlier. Approach the moderator for further help. Good luck.

9. shisri

shisri New IL'ite

:wave:hi sri,:confused:

just forget what happenned.don't take it seriously.may be he wanted himself to say but couldn't;so he might have told you like that.it's better not to say when your inlaws are around.keep cheering!!!!:cool::cool:
    bye shisri