1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Its All About Potatoes, Honey!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 2, 2009.

1. manjulapathy

manjulapathy Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar!
    "And remember ladies we feel the pain not because of the Doctor but because of our own disease – something we have been carrying in ourselves for millions of births.

If we have to curse the Doctor for our pain and run away before the surgery is completed, well, we can crown ourselves as the worst idiots of the human species."

How true these lines are!! Is it not human nature to accuse god for everything? How many times we have heard "enakku mattum yen ippidi?"
    At the same time when we are lilttle rational we do take it like "ellam nanmaike"
    Even I was wondering what is this blog about Potato. Astonishing and awesome way of linking!!
    manjula

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manjula,

The lines from my blog which you have quoted - well, I got them almost in a state of inspiration. When I first wrote the blog these lines were there. I went for a nap and came back to review my blog. I was not happy with what I had written and was about to settle for some other topic. When suddenly these lines came out. As soon as I wrote them I was sure that this was going to be this week's blog. In a way these lines saved this blog.

The human nature is basically one of blaming. How many times we have people say, "If only I had the right opportunities I would have done better than Indra Nooyi/Kiran Bedi/Aishwarya Rai/Mother Theresa... " the list goes on. But the fact is that even if those right opportunities had been given to those ladies they would have still been in the same position.

Once we realise that we are the sculptors of our own destiny then we get a whole new view of the world and our life.
    I am happy you liked the blog.
    Thanks for coming in and thanks for those nice words.
    And yes, thanks for restoring Bharathi's vision. (I mean finding out the glasses for her).
    love,
    sridhar

3. sowmyaganesh

sowmyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

Kudos on writng this wonderful blog.

I am going through a very bad phase in my life. There is something new to be learned everytime i read your writings, which peps me up and tells me that there is more in life and this is not the end of the world.

My sincere thanks and prayers for you.

Regards
    Sowmya

4. varalotti

Dear Sowmya,

Everybody has this bad phase one time or other. Incidentally this phase has got another name. And they say psychologically better to call it by the other name. The other name is "growth phase".

I am really happy that my writings have been some kind of solace to you. Which only reminds me of the kind of responsibility I have while writing for you all.

Thanks for the nice words and prayers.

Remembr the phrase, "Even this shall pass away". It applies to our good times as well as bad times and induces a kind of sobriety in us whatever may be the nature of our times.

Take care and God Bless.
    love,
    sridhar

5. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,
    What a nice blog! Enjoyed reading it! You are a great writer:thumbsup what ever the subject may be.
    I enjoyed reading about the Law of Demand and how the Law of Demand got falsified in Ireland in 19th century. That is so interesting! Will definitely google about it when ever I get free time. More than any thing it is great to read your blog about our Almighty.You have very well explained by giving examples of a mother and child and a doctor and patient. How true is that!!!!
    Thank you so much for a wonderful blog!

p.s: Your replies with pasurams to the FB's were also great

6. varalotti

Dear Sindhuja,

First things first. Your Avatar is quite captivating. What's the name of that Lord?

Even as an Economics student way back in 1975 I was quite impressed by Giffens Paradox. I am happy that I had an opportunity to put that to use.

The paasurams of Kulasekara Azhwar from which I took the Doctor's example were also quite haunting.

Thanks for your kind words and thanks for coming in.
    love,
    sridhar

7. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,
    HE is Lord Rama with Seetha, Lakshmana and Hanuman (from Tulsa temple, Oklahoma). Nice to know that you liked the avatar.
    Thank you for a wonderful blog!

best regards,
    Sindhu

8. varalotti

Dear Sindhu,
    Oh, it's from Oklahoma? I thought it should be from a North Indian temple. The statues were so real.
    You have chosen a nice Avatar, Sindhu.
    And thanks for the nice words about my blog.
    love,
    sridhar

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear sridhar,
    I was wondering why a should you choose to write about potatoes, when I read the title. But, your post brushed away my doubts. We are not Appar, to think of God even when we are in pain.
    சலம்பூவொடு தூபம் மறந்தறியேன் தமிழோடிசை பாடல் மறந்தறியேன்
    நலந்தீங்கிலும் உன்னை மறந்தறியேன் உன்னாமம்என் னாவில் மறந்தறியேன்
    உலந்தார்தலை யிற்பலி கொண்டுழல்வாய் உடலுள்ளுறு சூலை தவிர்த்தருளாய்
    அலந்தேன்அடி யேன்அதி கைக்கெடில வீரட்டா னத்துறை அம்மானே. After all we are ordinary human beings who can put the blame on Him!!! But He will tolerate all these abuses like Mother who shows or rather pours her love to the children, He will also bless us with his " Love" " Paal ninaindhootum Thayinum saalapparibhavanAvan!!You have broughtout this concept wonderfully in your post. Thankyou for your lovely episode.
    with love
    pad

10. varalotti

Dear Pad,
    I have not read this song of Appar. Oh my God! What a devotion! And we should remember that this was sung when he was suffering from a very painful disease - soola noi.
    Once God comes in, once when this kind of love comes in then there is no pain. Remember my character Loganathan who was chanting உண்ணும் சோறு கண்ணன் பருகும் நீர் கண்ணன், தின்னும் வெற்றிலை கண்ணன், எல்லாம் கண்ணன் even when he was going through the most painful of chemotherapy processes.

A mother is all love no doubt. But she has limitations. Even the most loving mother cannot know what her child wants at all times of his/her life. Even assuming that there is such a mother that relationship co-terminates with this life.
    Whereas with God the relationship is eternal. உன் தன்னோடு உள்ள உறவேல் நமக்கு இங்கு ஒழிக்க ஒழியாது
    Thanks for coming in and thanks for your learned comments.
    love,
    sridhar