1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It's a Dog's Life.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Scorpio707, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Not a phrase new to us….we have heard and referred this at some difficult times.

Going back to why I am mentioning this here is – Reason Dogs. Like they say “A lot happens over a cup of coffee”, for me a lot happens in around the park where I go for walks…some calling there definitely :biggrin2:. Credit goes to the 3 dogs housed next to the park watching people as we stroll.

We use this “It’s a Dog’s Life” when something unpleasant or annoying event/ task occurs. I have said it too many a times, now don’t ask why. I have a Lab in my mom’s place, 8 years now, for me his is like a younger brother, so looking from another angle to see how dog’s life really is.

1. Family member – Like I mentioned above sure a lot of them having pets consider them as their own.

2. My dog is fed like a baby by my mom daily, lunch to be more precise. Starters, main course, and dessert and other add on by the rest of us…now my nephew who is a year old too..LOL.... Labs have a great appetite just so that you know.

3. Dog spa – Around 1000 bucks which includes blow dry and trimming of hair, filing nails. Not to forget the tip you have to pay the guy who does that, as he delicately and lovingly fondles the dog.

4. Dog food for pups and adults– Pedigree, Chew bones, biscuits et all.

5. Winter collection – Warm customized jackets in various colors and sizes (S,M, L, and XL) maybe.

6. Play toys and accessories– Rattling noise ones, stuffed toys, bone shaped looking ones.

7. Exclusive helpers who take the dogs for walk, pee and crap.

8. When you go out of town, shelter homes to take them in until you come back. All you have to do is chose and customize the itinerary.

9. Regular vaccination.

10. Pet Contests – Lo behold, you can dress he/she dog however you want, colorful, bright, girl or macho looking too. Jeez I have never walked on a ramp ever….can you imagine :|

11.They occupy the rear seat in the car…if wife is not around front too popping their head and :tongue out....

So the list goes on.....

Well seems like you have got the point here….imagine keeping all the above pointers what is so bad in “A dog’s life now”??? Aren't they the lucky ones....someone to tend to them 24/7, security, food, helpers, and people to play with?? Oh I almost forgot that a van has been specialized recently in Bangalore for easy mobility of Dogs. How good is that now…

I am not touching the stray dogs here….they are of a different kind and genre I think, maybe another snippet titled “Mafia Dogs” :wink:

So maybe we ought to think next time when we say “It’s a dog’s life” ….woof woof ....Harhar

6 people like this.

Similar Threads
    1. Balajee
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. satchitananda
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. DNM
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Some are lucky like yours,but many out in the world have a hard life.Maybe seeing them this phrase ''DOG'S LIFE'' came about.Anyway thanks for the good read.

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Scorpio, I have two dogs, a lab and an Indian breed. The Indian one is very unfussy but the .lab loves luxuries. Come summer and she reminds you that the AC should be switched on by going to the volatge stabilizer and tapping it with her front paw. In winder she expects juicy red carrots in rains corn on the cob roasted over charcol and in summer a regular supply of ice cream. Her kife is such that you would pray that you should be born as a dog in your next birth.

3 people like this.
  4. Scorpio707

True...not all are lucky Kanaka...every living thing in this universe has its good and bad sides...thanks for finding it good enough...

5. Scorpio707

Agree Balajee :)...by the way I named my pet as Scooby when we brought him in, and true to the cartoon character my dog is...always hogging...except when he taking a nap. From mint/coriander leaves to onions,beans, betel leaves, banana etc etc he savors them all yumsmiley . Mine is a sweet monster...and there is not one person who has seen him who has wished they were born as a dog in my place...LOL

1 person likes this.
  6. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Scorpio..
    Totally agree.. I always say I wish to be re-born as My own Harley (lab) in my next birth.. our whole world.. schedules.. outings revolve around his walk and eating times!!!
    but his is the BEST in the world and no regrets having him...

2 people like this.
  7. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Hello S707
    After reading ur snippet, I think we have completely mis-understood/mis-interpreted the phrase 'It's a Dog's Life'. Now we have to use when we are referring to persons who live in the lap of luxuries and without care in the world. LOL
    I think the dogs will be happy after reading this. :clap:

2 people like this.
  8. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Sorry Scorpio, here we part. I am afraid of dogs. I just run away. I feel like the dog will bite me.

Yeah some dogs are lucky going in fancy cars. I have never sat in a convertible and i see many dogs riding in convertibles.

2 people like this.
  9. Scorpio707

Yes Kelly...they are the best stress buster too...making you forget everything in and around you...

10. Scorpio707

Yeah imagine if they read this...they will probably say " Oh look now, there comes the jealousy...and we like it...how long can only humans enjoy luxury in life :wink: " Thanks Madhu