1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Items can be packed in snacks box for 4 yr old kid...

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by sasirekamsc83, Jun 14, 2013.

1. sasirekamsc83

sasirekamsc83 Silver IL'ite

Hi IL Moms,

My DS is 4.3 yrs old. People in Bangalore know that the schools start at 8.30 am. So he has to get ready early in the morning. He is refusing to have breakfast. I dont know what to pack in his snacks box (as he is going to LKG) which will balance the missed meal in the morning. And dont know what are the items can be prepared easily other than chapati and bread items as breakfast. Please advice me in this....

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Toddlers not only go for the taste but also for the look. As they enjoy cartoon movies and caricatured figures, you may have to give your preparation a bit of fun look, if you kid is a bit fussy about eating.

Well, idli dressed in sugar.. I too have eaten idli with sugar.. ha ha

Dosas cut in to rounds with ears of bunnies with sauce

Bread with banana stuffing , you have to be innovative to tempt them to eat.

3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Breakfast is a must.Make this a habit from childhood...never let your child skip breakfast.Try making small dosas/idlies/bread with little ghee and sugar on it/upma/kanji(cooked broken rice)for morning...or anything thats easy to chew.If not anything else then atleast cornflakes with milk.but i would suggest that only if your child completely refuses to eat any other food in the morning.
    Sasi try our threads here
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schoolgoers-and-teens/163519-easy-quick-tiffin-recipes-share.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schoolgoers-and-teens/208145-whats-in-tiffin-today-mamma.html
    IndusLadies - 40 Easy and Healthy Snack Box Ideas for Kids

1 person likes this.
  4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

try to encourage him to take breakfast.........start small like half toast,half pancake ,half glass of shake or 4-6 almond /cashew etc.......as he grows up his needs will increase & having breakfast is the best start of day........

also as a mother of boys i have seen they have less interest to sit & eat in school & its ony because school has made it compulosary to spend 10 mins inside the class to finish the lunch that they eat something......many times tiffin comes half finished but as i give them healthy breakfast at 7.00 am in morning i am little less worried about it.
    otherwise follow the threads suggested by dinny...

5. sasirekamsc83

Thank you malspie...

I totally forgot this "idli dressed in sugar",:goodidea: let me try this...

6. sasirekamsc83

Thank you Dinny & Mahajanpragathi...

I'll follow the links given by Dinny...

1 person likes this.