1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It was a great surprise to see him in tears, it was then, I realised the true him.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kavithavel, Sep 24, 2009.

1. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

It was a great surprise to see him in tears, it was then, I realised the true him.

It was no new for me, I being born and bought up in Mumbai and a lover of the name Krishna and the adorer of the lord and his beauty used to visit ISKCON regularly.
    I wasn't and in't a member of the Society, but I have my own way and my
    kitta(Krishna) knows that.
    Month on month I used to vist ISKCON, it was then year 2000 when my dad announced his retirement and moving to chennai from Mumbai.
    I cried to my heart to him that I won't be able to see the same form of his there in chennai.
    I knew he was always with me still I couldn't stand the seperation.
    Well , years passed I got my self satisfied with seeing him where ever I could, whenever I visited bombay after that, even if it were to be for a day or 2 ISKCON was a must in my schedule and all my family members knew that, at the time fo debet that it is not a new place, I used to shut their mouths saying I am in't asking for going to Mathura or Brindavan right away, Juhu was just an hour's drive and people used to let me go my way.
    Year 2005 , when I married I got a chance to be in pune for a month or so with my DH on a official trip.
    While we knew we had to retun, I didn't want to miss seeing my KITTA.
    We went to Mumbai before we could return to chennai from Pune.
    ISKCON, I desperately wanted to see the eve arthi.
    I and my DH waited there, I could already feel and see how he felt.
    I could not see a dry eye of my DH. It was the 1st time that he moved out of Tamil nadu and saw a temple like ISKCON. He has gone places, but having little knowledge on the temples and devine places on the earth he has missed seeing a lot of them.
    The most awaited ARTHI begun, he started weaping like a child and I could not console him. He has a unsaid devotion that most of the people who know him understand.

"Kavi, I don't know how am I going to repay any of my dues to you " , I was puzzeled !

how would a DH be liable to his DW???

"For if not you, how would I be blessed to see such a beautiful form of his???"

My eyes again filled, what could I do for a person who just wishes to be close to Lord, For me I can never stand anyone longing for my Krishna's love, I have a immd command to him to accept such devotees...

It was a great surprise to see him in tears, it was then I realised the true him.

Radhe Krishna,
    Kavitha.

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

3. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the First FB Ami.

love
    Kavitha.

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kavitha,
    yes I know how it is. Kitta blessed me with a chance to see him in ISKCON, Mathura. When the harathi is shown you are transported into a different world.

If I am moved by your post, I am even more moved by Vel's reaction to the Harathi. Kitta has blessed you with a nice husband. Please do take care of him.

love,
    sridhar

5. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Very true sir,
    Having the chances to see him itself is a blessing and getting to be a part of the Harthi is like a jack pot.
    I haven't seen ISKCON in Mathura, but I know we are young and we have the entire life here to devot to see him in all forms and in places all over the world.
    True sir, Vel is a gem that I would like to treasure, since wedding we haven't gone sight seeing or we haven't gone places for reacreation.
    Recreation for both of us are the temples where we can find Kitta, may it be in whatever form of his.
    We have covered most of south India, now I want to move to places in the north, I have, before wedding visited several places , Infact I was blessed to go to Badrinath twice. I din't miss Kedarnath, yamunotri, gangothri and many so say there. Mathura , brindavan was also 3 times. Pandrirpur Vitooba was also kind to call me ...many many times . I know there are still many to cover to see his beauty,but I want to go to all these places again with vel , my in-laws and my kids.

Thanks sir for the FB.

regards,
    Kavitha.

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kavi,

You are indeed blessed by Kitta that you got a gem of a DH.

I havent visitied Mumbai Iskon but I do visit the Bangalore temple often. The divine form itself is so captivating... Wish Kitta gives me a darshan in Mumbai too.

7. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Lali,
    When one wishes for something with pure heart, that is always granted at ones.
    I sure 2010...Kitta there in Mumbai is going to invite you.
    But where ever we are if we are able to constantly meet him and talk to him...that itself is a blessing isn't it????
    Thanks Lali, for the sweet words abt my DH.
    I am not only bessed with a good DH , but I am also blessed by kitta to have known such wonderful people thru IL.

love,
    Kavitha.

8. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Kavitha,

It was a nice post. I have not visited Mumbai Iskon though I have stayed there for about 4 years and often visit mumbai on official trips. Recently I visited the Iskon temple at Tirupathi. However I have never seen aarathi. After reading your blog, I am really feeling like seeing the aarathi at any of the Iskon temples.

Radhi

9. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

You reminded me of Dwarika, the whole ambience and the environment is just for Krishnaaaa! and his devotees.
    And of Srinathji in Nathdwara...such arthis ...actually one should go there for the whole day as there are different arthis throughout the day.

10. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Hi kavitha
    you are blessed to have a DH who infact have the same taste in bhakthi also.May good God shower all the blessings on you