1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It is a year now

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Jan 31, 2008.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

It is almost a new year now since my father passes away.According to the tamil calender the ceremonies got over last week as he died on Thai poosam.But we are still trying to get over the grief as he is everywhere.The wake up calls everyday used to be from and the last call of the day was his.He always made it a point to talk to his children before he retired to bed.When there was a good program to be watched he would call each one of us lest we should missing.He would even call friends and relatives.When there something in the mags to be read it would be circled with red ink.H e would always remind us to return to phone calls,attend functions and encourage us to help the poor .Even animals were not spared.Each occasion was made memorable by him.Once he surprised my husband by gettng him an entire collection of P.G.wodehouse as he was very fond of it.When were going thru his old files we found a collection of letters sent to him by his father plus the greetings and scribblings of his grandchildren.He even preserved the soap box of his mother and the Ramar picture which he bought out of the 4 annas he got from his uncle.He used to say time and tide waits for none,so it is and shadow of death passes away like a cloud in the sky but for us it would take years Dear Father....................

2. humerarouf

humerarouf Senior IL'ite

dear kanaka ,may God give you the strength to bear the loss.daughters have a special place for their fathers.my fathers health has been failing for some time but i miss the times when i was young and he was strong.he has been an enthusiastic reader and would often narrate the stories of the great wars,and events.we used to take long walks around the dal lake ,climb hills,ride horses,water plants.he was my first teacher,my dictionary and my confidante.i pray to God that when my children get to learn to hold their pen from him.

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,
    It was sucha touching post.I certainly know how you feel.I lost my grandpa last year.He was also sucha great man...true follower of Gandhiji, wore always kadhi dhothis..so helpful n kind...but as your dad has said, time and tide waits for none! I know you are definitely elder to me, just a request-Time is the healer..Idhuvum kandhu pogum...

Take Care!

4. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

dear kanaka,

i was in tears................ only daughters feel a lot for their parents, especially the father.
    i could feel how much you miss him. when a person dear to our heart is lost that place is a vaccum throughout our lives.

regards
    padma

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Kanaka,

I remember reading posts asking about your DH and also about your father last year.i used to browse but was never so active...

Time flies. and time is the best healer...you always will have a space in your heart that feels empty..but believe me your dad would really love the way you are carrying yourself... and with time, you will learn to cherish his memories.

Hats off to your father for his wisdom and he has bestowed it to his DD also...

6. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

dear kanaka,
    reading ur post made me go back in time .it is already one n half a yr since i lost my father n v all still feel the pain of missing him fresh.
    i wanted 2 write some words but iam not able 2 iam so confused ,one side by his memories n one side remembering abt his loss.....
    raji

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  7. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi

I am sure your father still care about you from the Heaven.

take care
    Love
    Huma

8. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,

Even i am sailing in the same boat.3 days before my father passed away last year.It was the most traumatic event i have faced in my life.The circumstances was such that people will not believe even if it is shown in a movie.Not a day has passed since then when i have not shed a silent tear for him.
    But as everybody says time is the best healer.
    Take care dear friend and be strong for ur family.I am there with u in ur grief.

Suji

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kanaka,
    Sorry to hear that loss of yours and if that loss is our parent, words are not enough to express our feelings.
    vacuum created cannot be filled, but only with sweet memories of them.
    Sure your father will be guiding you always.

sriniketan

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,
    please do not think your father is not with you, he is there with you in your memories.My father passed away in 2002 and I still think of him many times.Especially when I get injured. He was a expert in setting right sprains etc. and would do it lovingly.
    Your father is there with you always in spirit.