Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.
. On festivals it’s a must
Hahahahaha. .. i cant imagine my life without kurti n leggings..... Those are the best comfortable clothes ever!
Ur inlaws have weird imaginations!...gym n uterus hahahah.
My mil is a fan of saving....so much that she will save water n dish washer soap also by just using same dosa pan for 2days continuously and just wiping and reusing till she feels now the grease of so many days is accumulated lol.
Seriously even when I wore kurta and leggings MIL asked no Dupatta !! I’m like .
And FIL says not to wear trendy kurtas too . Should wear plain kurta itsms .WTH ..
My MIL says don’t goto gym as it falls weight on uterus . How do I reduce stubborn fat then!
Lol funny ur MIL . Not washing could also be due to laziness??
I wish I could answer here. But it's all long forgotten things.
Was funny to read the posts here
My MIL say weird things sometimes .. for eg: She doesn't allow my husband and his unmarried cousin brothers to donate blood.
She says your has to come from ur first blood. It should not be donated until we have children. Whaat?? Dont know who said that to her... I dont feel its true.
I read once , Red blood cells & WBC only be alive for some weeks and new cells will be regenerated ... Dead cells will be stored in spleen.
So RBC & WBC regenerate in intervals means what she means first blood? no logic. I explained her many times. but she not listening ... if anyone talk about blood donation she just scream no u people should not give its about child blah blah... ha ha ha crazy know.
For my husband's birthday, i prepared gulab jamun at home... Made jamun from 3/4th of the flour... for 1 packet 800 gms sugar ... I made sugar syrup first using less than 500 gms of sugar.
while i making balls she screamed why made this much syrup ... I got scared that i made more by mistake and i politely said u dont worry i manage with left over flour. Then she said i never made jamun at home. we only buy from shops...
Without knowing anything she just screamed. Actually my syrup is in correct qunatity. ha ha ha.
Thanks for tapping the the like button.
I take it as a subtle suggestion or reminder to me about my promise in the FB as to how I dealt a situation as worst as one can think of.
Shall endeavour to fulfil the promise in due course. Until then
Godbless my sisters.
I hit the like button because I felt very happy by reading that your sister is a proud grand mother... Mother of 2 successful children and above all she had a wonderful supporting system like you..God bless her and family ☺️
I will definitely wait for your post ☺️
A very good post and ton of replies....
Well my MIL abides by eating only home cooked foods, without much of spices.
FIL prefers I use only tumeric, salt and hing in daily cooking.
I end up cooking even for special occasions, as well as for guests more than 15 people without help.
Oh wow how amusing these posts are! Thanks ladies I had a hearty laugh!
Here is my list!:
1. my MIL tells all festivals must be celebrated but she goes to her daughter's place to join in Pooja and says it is being celebrated in our house only. Her definition of 'our house' keeps changing as per convenience.
2. women (read DIL) shouldn't step out as neighbours will comment. She goes missing from 3pm to 9 pm (to daughter's place).
3. Vegetables must be washed after they are finely chopped.
4. Crochet and Knitting causes infertility also not listening to MIL leads to infertility (as a result of bad Karma)
5. Coughing more than 3 days means possible TB and hence infertility (read only to DIL)
6. Gifts should be given to only those who give gifts. The value of gift depends on the gifts received (I call it as GI-Gifting index)
7. Girls are 'Paraya Dhan' (DIL) but girls are Lakshmis (her DD and her DD).
8. Lakshmi shouldn't spend a penny as it will hamper MIL's household so Lakshmi's brother should spend for everything (even for Lakshmi's house). The more brother gives money to Lakshmi the more wealth he will get. Only DIL should spend why should son spend money on DIL?
9. Everyday Yoga is harmful to reproductive health.
10. Reading books causes blindness but watching TV 24/7 is good.
11. DIL is invisible
12. Going out for walk leads neighbours to think that the one who is walking has no work or irresponsible.