1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. bluerainbow

bluerainbow Gold IL'ite

DH has to take MIL to all the places she wants to go, even if it is the next street and whatever time of the day or night it is. If he takes me to work on some days because I am not feeling so well to drive, she says "My poor son, it is so hot, and it is affecting his health of roam around in the sun. Why can't you go by taxi?"

GlobetrotterG, sumzaya and Dishaa like this.
  2. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Dear bluerainbow,

Only suggestion in this case:

You had problem with your in laws, my case my father & my side relatives also had problems with my working (In my family I am the first lady to work rest all are house wives).

Please note after working like a machine (12 to 13 hrs) I still manage to prepare tea, break fast, lunch & dinner, (sometimes even I order food from outside) for 6 people (Daily its 4 people).

There are relatives who try to emotionally manipulate which includes my in laws, DH & my father All I say I am ready to leave my job or opt for different job, all I say please bear all my loans EMI which is extremely high, hand over the loan statements & monthly expenses details (Usually I prefer to keep things documented).

If in laws or any one mess with you in kitchen or house hold work (leave early and come home extremely late, when ever my MIL tried to create problem I used to leave home around 7:30 a.m. & reach home at 12:00 a.m. or later than that) mark my words no one will stay hungry till that late & they will prepare food for themselves.

In office I am sure your boss and other team will also be happy to see you giving your time in office.

3. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

only at in laws:
    Attend every function of their relatives take leave from office who cares if job goes or not...

4. priyajagadeesh

priyajagadeesh Senior IL'ite

I have couple
    - Follow untouchability in 21st century
    - Always make very less chutney/curry even though everyone at home knows its not sufficient
    - Bathroom cleaning is DIL job no exceptions

5. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Mil has a list of wants ready with her everytime we visit native. Not small and wishes which are within our reach..
    They have a decent house in a town and only my FIL and MIL stay there. Their daughter is married and stays abroad with her family and we at Mumbai.
    My MIL's wish last time we visited her was to build a 2 storied house. That too she won't touch her this house. Her son ( my DH ) to buy a 20-25 cent plot, build a 2 storied house and that too in city area where costs are really high per cent. Added to that she needs a big car. Who will drive has no answer. My 76 yrs old FIL can certainly not.

6. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Just sharing my vent in this post.

Couple of days back in laws visited us, as usual trying my best to treat them like my parents, but nothing can please them.... :cry:.

Day 1: Got up at 5:00 a.m. prepared food & tea (prior that day reached home at 12:30 a.m. from office), but dear MIL prepared separate food & tea for themselves.

Day 2, 3, 4 & 5: Went for a week end trip spent pretty decent funds (hotel & food), only to hear praises about SIL, BIL and her daughter.

Day 6 & 7: I took leave from office (DH went to office), took In laws for Mumbai temples visit. I ended up carrying all the heavy baggage & run behind them, got totally drenched due to rains (ended up having cold & fever) :rage:.

After this hectic day, when returned home prepared tea & made all kind of arrangements for dinner (DH fav dishes). Everything they need in moments time, ended up me not eating anything. :BangHead: . MIL finding faults even in the tea prepared by me (put 3/4 teaspoon of milk instead of 2 teaspoon)

Day 8: I ran to office (with cold & fever), didn't prepared anything for in laws (tea or food) at least here I can have some peace of mind.

Every time we meet things end up very sour.

GlobetrotterG and Sandycandy like this.
  7. RohiniVenkat

RohiniVenkat Silver IL'ite

only at in laws place:

Dress like an old fashioned lady.
    Put head full of oil and well plaited hair.
    Drench yourself with turmeric no matter what is your plan for the day.
    Do not rest yourself in a place even though you have no work, have to stand behind them if in case they call you for cutting onions. Though they find fault in that and educate you how to cut onions.
    Hubby will not take towel while going to take bath and call us for towel (as if he is too romantic, but never does in our home), which will fumes inside IL's mind.
    Have to give the same introduction about you to everyone who visit their home.
    Only 4 pleats of saree is allowed more than that will be considered AWKWARD.
    No small sleeves are allowed.
    No eye makeovers are allowed.
    No back neck designs are allowed.
    Have to wear ALL the jewels you have to attend a small pooja in the temple in the same street.
    Should not talk to your DH personally in case during the whole time.
    You and your husband should sleep separately.
    You're not here to watch TV programs - stay at kitchen.
    Why are you always looking into your mobile, something important?
    You should not spend more time with other DILs, as either may corrupt.
    You're the person to eat the leftovers and they boasts as the dish is more delicious.
    You should not enjoy the city, you should stay at home all the time.
    Sleeping is a sin.
    Cockroaches and rat are just funny animals that will come and go.
    Should use toilet only in the early morning and before bedtime.
    Last but not least - Using toilet is the toughest thing of all these list, as it will be too small to handle.

8. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

Some of these I thought only are in movies, couldn't imagine how I would handle these. Stay strong dear.

9. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

During functions if dil s forget eg: mils sisters husbands mother s blah blah ( any distant relative) would stare as if i killed them....
    Y shud i rem them.... grrrrrrrr

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  10. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Dear RohiniVenkat,

I am really astonished about ur patience level, hats off to u.
    Are u working or a house wife? If working u can at least have some peace time at work. If u r house wife also join some kitty & have some me time.
    All I could say is "God will reward u in future"

Best wishes.

Sandycandy likes this.