1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

If someone talks too much about spending money we can ask them
    ' What is one going to take after death .. We would become ashes .. Then why this hype '

2 people like this.
  2. ardhra

ardhra Gold IL'ite

One more vent :

DH : My bro's wife prepares very tasty.. You's preparations will not be tasty
    Me : She prepares so nice because her DH encourages her and eat whatever is prepared. Whereas my DH gives only -ve comments and always compares me with her and puts my confidence low... shakehead
    DH : .....

Later I prepared "Peanut Chat".. Prepared very less (just sufficient for 2 people).. It came out very well.. Just like how it tastes in the hotels...

MIL : This is too less
    Me : Anyway whatever I prepare, no one likes.. So, I dont want to waste.. If no one eats then atleast I can finish it by the end of the day..
    DH : Why do you cook? Your preparations will not be like Bro's wife
    Me : I have not made this for any1.. I should not eat alone so have prepared little extra.. If you dont like, please do not have.. I will not feel bad.. When your bro's wife visits you then u can ask her to prepare and have... waitingsmiley

Then all of them ate small small quantities and MIL asked me to finish the rest.. All were waiting to comment.. But, I never gave them a chance.. I just ate and went inside...

Later ..

DH : That thing was nice
    Me : Ok...
    DH : But, it could have been far better
    Me : OK...
    DH : Dont feel bad, I ate it...
    Me : ... Inside (gigglingsmiley )

3. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Double...triple like to your comment. I too feel sometimes, those were carefree days indeed. We just need to pay a small part of our pay for hostel and they'll take care of everything for us and we can be happy. Now, we give a huge chunk of pay to DH/family and along with that do all household work and still they feel we are not good enough for anything.

4. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Fortunately my FIL is little bit ok in that matter. But whatever I want I will tell my DH only and not anyone else if it is pertaining to only me. If it has to do with the some kitchen items then I will tell FIL.
    I once asked my DH to get body lotion when he was going out along with BIL. As expected he did not get it and said that he had forgotten about it.
    I made a big emotional show and then in the evening he went and bought it for me.
    The thing is he did not buy it in the first place because BIL was with him. But Finally I made him to buy infront of BIL only.
    Then also he did not get the brand what I asked for and instead something else of lesser price.
    That is why I go on my own to cosmetics shop and buy loads and loads of what I want and come back.

PS: I will not even tell my ILs what I have brought. They are just "Personal Items" you see......

5. chillbreeze

:exactly:......:iagree

1 person likes this.
  6. coolpinky

Next time tell him " Its ok. I am the one whose gonna cook for you for the rest of your life.Get used to my cooking. Or else you are free to go and have your Bhabhi's food everyday. I have no problem..."
    See what reply comes.

9 people like this.
  7. chillbreeze

Not sure whether I should be glad/feel bad for the activity in this thread after 2 days of lull. (Glad to see my IL friends back/feel bad that ils are still troubling my IL friends):confused2:

2 people like this.
  8. coolpinky

CB,

I havent started my venting episode yet and you are already feeling bad.

9. chillbreeze

Ok..bring it on..waitingsmiley

10. chillbreeze

My turn:

Last week I posted that mil said get me nighties from near your mom's place when you go there. She assumed I got for myself from there and I didn't bother to correct her. I actually got it from different place and she will say that area itself is costly, blah blah. I just said Ok , I'll see next time when I go home.

On saturday, mil casually remarked in front of DS that her nighties have become old and torn and she wants to buy some new ones. I was not in the scene at that time. DS being the good son he is, proceeded to tell her where I buy and its very good quality with different designs.

Mil told me that DS gave her the info and she went with fil but has came back empty-handed coz they didn't have in her size gigglingsmiley.

1 person likes this.