1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

Re: It happenly only in ILs house

My MIL also keeps every container and plastic bags. When they visited us, they washed and kept plastic milk jugs ( I would have hundreds of milk jugs if I kept them!).

My FIL also helps MIL in India and she is a home maker. When they were here and if my husband helped me in the kitchen, it was like an end of the world. DH would be bechara DH after working whole day and I am supposed to be a super woman and can not get tired after working full time, having a new born baby, and cooking at home!

2. snm1984

snm1984 Platinum IL'ite

Luckily I had to just stay in my Mil's house just for a month and made a couple of visits later.Fortunately came to US few months after marriage so the pain of living in her house was short lived!

1)They have 3 dogs as pets in the house.They are free to roam/sit/sleep in kitchen,living and bedroom.They are given royal food everyday-coffee,mutton and dog biscuits/bones.Overall they boast that they spend over 12k every month on dogs alone(and no they are not super rich,belong to lower middle class)
    2)Other animals they entertain include rats,lizards.Once I saw 2 rats chasing each other in the bedroom and I screamed at the top of my voice.Mom-son duo just laughed and were kind enough to get rid of them for me.
    3)Conditions in the house are very unhygienic.Leaking pipes,dirty toilets,clothes freely hanging in the two metal ropes in hall and bedroom in-spite of having 2 cupboards...Yuck!Cringing inside during my stay.
    4)She takes 45-60 mins to cook rice.I can cook an entire meal by that time.Rice is cooked slowly in a large vessel filled with boiling water.She keeps stirring,stirring and stirring...
    5)Take head bath on friday,sat and no non veg food to be prepared/eaten in this 2 days(of course dogs are exception to this rule)!
    6)This one's the most disgusting of all.Mil leaves her undies in the bathroom.Left to hang over another metal rope(meant for hanging clothes) dripping with water.Ugggggggh...I had a small pouch to carry all my toiletries which I took in and out after bath.Apparently I should not have done that.I should consider it as my house and leave all my things in that disgusting bathroom.Like I give a damn woman!
    7)Kitchen stinks of mutton.Never cleans the stove top after cooking or immediately wash the cooker in which she boiled mutton.Whenever I try to clean she says"servant will do it" or ridicule me.

Umanga, ShilpaMa, VjVid and 1 other person like this.
  3. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

This is such a humorous way of looking at insanity I guess..MDA !! LOL what a funny coined word...i was laughing away to glory especially at this "happening" !! :-D :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

and changing dabbas everyday ! Oh my !

"sometimes her whole life starts looking like a dabba to me." - this also was too funny ! even thinking of how you would react on seeing this particular scene makes me laugh !

Edit : Did you by any chance give this title after listening to that Govinda song "It happens only in India" !!! LOL ! I can imagine all DILs dancing to that song tune for this title...LOL ! LOL !

1 person likes this.
  4. ragamalika

ragamalika Silver IL'ite

HI SGBV.. CHEERS :) Same in my place.. bt one small difference. DIL has to cook all d time nd nt MIL.. Wen we go out somewher nd return bak late in d nite, DIL has to toil in d kitchen inspite of all her tiredness..

2 people like this.
  5. ragamalika

ragamalika Silver IL'ite

Cheers smritisinha :) Dis point of urs suits our hme too:)

2 people like this.
  6. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

:lol: Funny thread, Coolpinky.... Grt !!

Some from me:

- while cooking the dry sabzi, the pan bottom has to be burnt charcoal back on highest flame, otherwise the sabzi won't get the taste. :bonkRuined the IKEA non- stick set we had gifted her, in one use and then told everyone that things from 'Amerika' are so cheap.

- there is no order of adding ingredients while cooking. Veggies, spices, chili powder, salt, everything is mixed in a big bowl and added to hot oil. Each and every sabzi, pulao, dal must be made this way. No variations...ever.

- order outside food every alternate day when DS visits for fifteen days. SIL will call her dear brother for dinner and then the food will be ordered from outside. And then, cringe that she is trying to influence her son when DIL is skilled enough to cook everything at home. :)

- severely criticize, taunt, badmouth your own mother, sister and brothers behind their backs. Teach it to your children too, so that they should not end up respecting any one else other than their mommy.

- compare your sister's granddaughter with your DD's child and find hundred of faults in that 2 months old baby. (DH does it too, and MIL watches with pride.):rant

- has sour relations with almost every shopkeepers in the neighborhood. Crib when other people buy from those shops.

Will come back with other.... Till then re-reading the thread and :rotfl

3 people like this.
  7. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

LOL ! Can see a lot of creativity in this thread!!
    So many funny ones out here!

8. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

You all are gonna surprise..my inlawz put all god idol in wardrobe sealed....they never ever pray..and never lite a lamp in house...:hide:
    Diwali....not sing any pooja song....just eat sweets..:spin
    In PIL house DIL become wrost DIL and they become best PIL....:bonk
    My PIL are so much interested to know what I did with my old clothes,creams,crockery.....:coffee

1 person likes this.
  9. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

I feel the same

Dishaa, CoolPie and shantana like this.
  10. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

:bang
    really? i appediya shock iyethen!!!! (im shock to read this)

2 people like this.