1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

:) this reminds me of my mil saying that I had nausea during pregnancy and you dnt :)

1 person likes this.
  2. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Bubbles! Who doesn't love hugs?

Everybody has a story, I sometimes feel like others are undergoing more trauma and troubles but that does not make our troubles smaller. Everyone has their boiling point - if you feel that Mil & crew are being unfair, then they are being unfair. I think OTB has put it out there more perfectly than I did. We all find ways to survive, for a long time I would think that things will change, but when they don't I guess we find our own survival mechanisms.

Hugs to you too! Marriage does teach you new things about yourself - I have learnt that I can tolerate selfish, self-centered and narcissistic people.

11 people like this.
  3. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Girls,
    My dose worked;)).
    Dh called my mom and informed about bil's upanayanam program. She also said that she is happy about the news and ended the call.

1 person likes this.
  4. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

My mil puts so much of dishes . so maid has made a point that whenever she sees my mil , she takes leave and she comes only after 1 week :)
    Since I am going to office and would come late , mil would be washing most of vessels .
    Once I felt washed vessels after dinner . She shouted at me why i washed the kadai
    ' she will use 5 times and then only wash itseems as the oil will get wasted'
    So I stopped washing vessels as she has lots of logic behind washing vessels ( how many times each vessel must be used before washing )
    Believe me or not , the scrub that is used in her house is atleast 2 years old

4 people like this.
  5. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OTB - how are things with you, I haven't seen you in a long time either. Great to hear from you.... I am doing okay - we recently moved to a new apartment and have been having tests and exams in college, so have been a little caught up.

You know Mils can compete with each in selfish departments. I told you how mine wants to come and live with me permanently and that is why she is at her best behavior now, but occasionally the mask falls off. Also armed with 7-years experience I am smarter now. Sometimes, though, I have to remind myself of her past behavior and how if I even give a slip slightly, the micromanager in my Sil, will rise again.

I think I have learned to identify genuine concern from fake behavior. I try to be equally fake with her and try my best to avoid her. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it, and if this is how life is going to continue, but then I try to hold on to hope and faith and tell myself, things can only get better. There cannot be anything worse, from here on, maybe, it can only get better.

3 people like this.
  6. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

I love that thought DG. I swear now each time I read about moms and gods, I will be reminded of this quote :)

1 person likes this.
  7. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

I'm managing things now on my own after a heavy rant here, which is why I don't feel the need to vent much...at the same time, I do keep coming to this thread to keep learning, as I observed that there are many who go through similar situations as mine....so we never know what can help to click a good thought to move on...! and when I read your post abt self-centered, it reminded me of the same situation at my place too.....so cudn't resist from posting :-D

hmm...if not the MIL, SIL dutifully takes over ! wonder how they would rant about their problems...!!! and I think "selfish" is an underestimated word ! there got to be a much more stronger word than that....!

I love this thought and am going to keep this in mind whenever I feel that the going is tough...! Its actually true, there can't be anything worse than whatever is happening and whatever is going to come is for the best ! And the irony is that, I have been through life-threatening situations which never used to scare me and have faced it with lots of courage, but the fact that the current experiences have drained me emotionally is what is alarming !

2 people like this.
  8. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

DG, the devil joke :biglaugh

1 person likes this.
  9. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

archie, inbox full

10. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Cleared boss!!!

1 person likes this.