1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Twinkle.. don't anticipate negativity.. and as your are just pregnant keep your mind and environment in a positive high.. practice the IGNORE tactic effectively which you preach to the hilt.. for all you know it may be good to have someone around.. BUT draw your privacy lines from now itself and let her know that its your home and she is only a temp member.. in a very subtle way..
    Take care and all the best
    P.S... my MIL is leaving on Monday after a short stay f 2 1/2 months...YIPEEEEEE

5 people like this.
  2. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

ditto.. though mine is only claiming to come for 2 weeks.. i'm done being nervous.. now i'm just in the accepting stage.. can't do anything.. i'm keeping lots of daily jobs pending to keep me busy away from her..

but you, my girl, should be in bed rest.. don't you dare get up from that bed, do you understand?

3 people like this.
  3. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

trying my best to stay positive and ignore her :-D by the way, how was your mil's stay? :p yours go and mine comes :-(

1 person likes this.
  4. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

yeah... I'll leave my bed just to eat and take bath :) keeping her privacy in mind, I made all the arrangements to the other bedroom and one thing am not going to give up on is - I dont want her sleeping with me on MY bed :drowning Cant take her lectures and classes before falling asleep...

4 people like this.
  5. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

My heartfelt sympathies with you...sob sob

6. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Few updates of last 2 weeks:

We had a successful native trip for ganapati. MIL had to tag us & bare her MILs brunt of not wanting to come in the first place.

After we came back things were back to routine in no time. Then came a twist. Our geyser was angry for not using it for a week & it wouldnt start. So till it got fixed we had to use gas to make hot water for bath. Last friday DS was a bit cranky not wanting to bathe & I was as usual in hurry to finish his bath & leave. I dont remember exactly how but the vessel of hot water tripped from my hand. DS was around & gave a shout & cry as hot water spilled on his leg. I rushed & took him to B/R & started pouring cold water on his leg & crying simultaneously. I was cursing myself for burning my DS leg. After about ten minutes he was normal & then we saw no that he wasnt really burnt. Probably just splash of hot water scared him.(Thank God) Then I realised my leg is burning badly. I did all possible first aid but couldnt help but get the whole leg red & starting to swell. I called DH & asked him to get some medicines. I continued my routine. MIL did not even bother to come once & see how much my leg burnt. She was all on the phone telling her DDs how I spilled hot water on DS's leg & how he was saved by God's grace. Sunday I had 2 big blisters. Still continue with the routine. Monday morning couldnt take any more as I was unable to bear the pain & went to Doc all by myself. (DH had to go for a meeting early morning). Monday n Tuesday I just cooked dal rice & nothing else. Tuesday night after DH insisted I went with him next morning to another doc as 1st doc meds were not giving results. Wednesday morning after the new Docs visit came back with a huge bandage as doc said the burn is quite bad & chances of infection so the blister n wound has to be covered. DH told me purposely in high tone not to do ANYTHING around the house....may be coz of tat. Thats when madam realised the seriousness & took hold of the kitchen & all other chores.

But I must say those 2 days MIL did take good care of me, even getting food in the room & waiting outside like a jeanie to take away my plate. Today I joined back to work & still she is helping around as my leg would need to be bandaged for another week. After all I am human just wanting some human treatment from her. She showed affection & I am planning to return it back. Today is her Bday & I am planning for a small surprise party at home since I would not be able to go out.

17 people like this.
  7. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

My Dear I'm married for 19+ yrs I'm immune and an equal player in this cat and mouse DILvsMIL game.. quite a veteran.. BUT it still irritates and hurts when wrong is done to you or too much sweetness is all of a sudden showered because it brings back memories of the bitter past of when you really required humane treatment and was not given your due.. Anyways now its just too late to cross the bridge from my side..
    BUT darling your MIL is not that bad (I think) mine had left me with 104 temp at a nursing home alone when I had urinary tract infection and was being given intravenous injections because she had to attend a lunch party.. and what more when I discharged myself and went home no food cooked and no maid.. had to do all work and give food to my son and FIL..
    there are so many episodes like this but I don't know why recently this one keeps propping up.. I've learnt to ignore.. bury them deep and move on in life.. but the few months that she surfaces in my life these bitter incidents keep propping up..
    at this moment you need to have a peaceful positive mindset.. sit back and enjoy your baby..

5 people like this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Put up some pictures of your husband next to her bed...hang a few of his shirts in the cupboard.She will not leave that room. :)

6 people like this.
  9. taanisharma

taanisharma New IL'ite

superb idea :thumbsup.............i hope it will work for twinkle

10. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

hey DG

take care dear. Wish you speedy recovery..

1 person likes this.