1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

thank God..this doesnt include SIL's ILs....in our family SIL stays away from ILs, and they are not much on talking terms, still MIL makes it a point to take out gifts from DIL and DIL's Parents for her Daughter's MIL (ie from my and co-sis parents to SIL's ILs..) luckily my DH knows where to put full stop and my parents keep me informed of any weird wants from IL side..:thumbsup

unfortunately co-sis and family always give costly gifts to SIL, SIL DH, SIL kid, SIL ILs and so on...and hence there is always comparision...:rant

in my recent baby shower MIL asked DH to take out a cash envelope for SIL IL...but DH was like..'what role did sister's MIL have in me getting pregnant..?!!':biggrin2:

13 people like this.
  2. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

What an insanely insecure woman your MIL is !!! But you have the right attitude. 'Mera kya jayega' :)

3. greenbow

greenbow Gold IL'ite

Wow heights of insecurity!!

Why not come home with your H every day just to annoy your MIL?

1 person likes this.
  4. Sweettooth

Sweettooth Bronze IL'ite

Totally agree... Infact the best thread ever on Indusladies..:)

1 person likes this.
  5. Nimbu

Nimbu Silver IL'ite

Ohhhh same here..only their DD is doing such hardwork at home, going to work, taking care of kid. In reality her IL's stay upstairs separately. They take care of her kid A to Z about 90% ..madam hardly cooks, ohhh going to night shift so whole day need sleep and evening just coming to my MIL's place eat heartily and go to work (god knows whether she would work or sleep). All the while kid is taken care by her IL's. Becos of this their DD is so sick..having lot of tension and severe bodyache etc etc. When I left my kid and went to work ...oh leaving the poor child and going to work...doesn't know to take care of the child, always sick ..but for SIL its a exception.

1 person likes this.
  6. songbird46

songbird46 Gold IL'ite

Re: It happenly only in ILs house

I'm seconding this. Seriously, I have got addicted to this and for two days did not read anything else. I am reading the last pages also with new comments. This helps to take away the sting from MIL'S idiotic behaviour, laughing & sympathising really helps. Will add my own too later. Keep it going Girls! :cheers

7. songbird46

songbird46 Gold IL'ite

But if I have been tardy in praising her...becos sometimes there is no reason, or I don't want to :coffee...... then she will start the praise herself "I am great.." I don't know what to say or where to look :hide: while FIL and all are :bowdown

She feels insecure becos she married very young, does not know English, not very well educated. But obviously has good qualities & kids & FIL love her as mom & wife. So they praise her a lot...and, well, I can't really join in, can I? Not when you are starving me or treating me like a slave, right? I just fake-smile and go do my work.

2 people like this.
  8. songbird46

songbird46 Gold IL'ite

Sometimes grand-in-laws are great :- the enemy of my enemy is my friend!

7 people like this.
  9. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Visasri

I have benn in your situation( bottle-fed kid and other related things, not how you MIL n DH bahaves). I can suggest one thing from my experience. In addition to thermal flasks, try to sterlize bottles in a batch. Suppose you have 4 bottles, the moment last bottle is used, try to sterlize all bottles together(2 at a time) in a vessel big enough. In this way you can save some gas(electricity) and time. Then you can use that hot water to clean greasy vessel(kadhai,cooker etc) .

As per your situation on your MIL's and DH's reaction, dont cry for them. You are spoiling only your health and peace of mind. Tell them very firmly and a bit politely that kid is the most important member of the family and you are not compromising a bit for the baby. Even if it means using more gas/elex. To cut the cost, tell them to switch off AC/coolers. Tell them to follow it for a month and see the difference in your monthly bill. You can also show then the wattage of AC, cooler, fan and light. A 60 watt bulb/tube in comparison of 1000 watt AC. At least your DH will understand. The more the wattage, the more the consumption. If they dont listen, then dont bother. If they are not concerned regarding the bill for their comforts, then why you and baby has to suffer...

3 people like this.
  10. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

just tell them whatever electricity you are using...its for your kid only....you are not spending it on your comfort.....and then ignore it....

1 person likes this.