1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Dh and me went home together as he picked me up on the way.
    I would love to see my MILs face then ;)))
    yesterday I prepared leafy vegetable dal in a different way. Actually speaking as how my mom prepares.
    Because I was fed up of regular procedures. And I went ahead with plans ready to face the risks.
    Ofcourse neither of them where aware what and how I was preparing.
    Evening MIL prepared a grand dinner. Ragi phulkas, Salad, Raita, sabzi and along with morning dal what I prepared.
    While serving the food in the plates she pointed my DH and said " He is feeling bored of regular stuff that is being prepared everyday.
    That is why I prepared roti and subji" adding a sarcastic smile on her face. And she repeated the same sentence twice.
    DH was busy asking the cricket score to his dad and hence ignored her non sense.
    Later FIL came to me after having dinner and said " Dal is too good today. Its just like what is prepared by highly experienced people.
    You have added all the spices in right quantities" Dh was listening to all this with a smile on his face and he also said that its like dal
    served in good andhra restaurants.
    It was then I realised why mil prepared such a grand and good dinner ;))

9 people like this.
  2. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Coolpinky,

I peeped into this thread to see ur after effects of getting home with DH. nice one you MIL wanted to impress all by her cooking but you superseded her by your dhall :) You rock, keep going

3. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

What an idea from your Mil she should be honored with the KM award - Kitchen Manipulator!

2 people like this.
  4. Wondergirl137

Wondergirl137 Gold IL'ite

And this thread deserves "Thread of the year" award :)

1 person likes this.
  5. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Arch,
    This is not new to me. Such things are very common. However I dont have enough brains/time to anticipate her moves.
    I am least bothered. My Dh doesnt pester me either in food matters.
    She doesnt have sense thats what I can say. What else I can prepare within an hour before going to work?
    She has all the time in this world to prepare hell lot of dishes for the whole day.
    Moreover I am not "BORN TO EAT" like her.
    You know what I dont like eating daal everyday. I like preparing rice items.
    But its just because she has to prepare something for both them again and so I end up preparing these regular items.
    This is the only factor which I think of. I dont want One kitchen double cooking concept.
    One day if i dont cook in the morning she goes all red. She acts as if sky has fallen on her.
    And weekends tho math pucho. She will prepare so many dishes just to compete with a lady who is not even half of her age ;))
    Mera Kya Jayega????

2 people like this.
  6. snm1984

snm1984 Platinum IL'ite

Coolpinky,you should have told"Thanks uncle/papa.My mom taught me this,she's a great cook."This is in contradiction to the "Your mom hasn't taught you anything speech which they usually give.In fact never miss opportunities to praise your parents.When these idiots can brag on a day to day basis of useless things,no harm if we too brag at these opportunities.:)

4 people like this.
  7. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

MIL has played her part very well today. The current bill came to 4k and she told me to switch off lights when not in use. I usually do this but when its most of the time switched on in the hall. My kid crawls to all rooms and the kitchen usually has hot water cooling down for her milk or something else for the kid, so the light is on during this time. Her highness never likes this and asked me to switch it off on hearing the bill amt. I said baby's porridge is inside, she insisted that I should switch it off coz bill is high. I replied that does not make it necessary to switch off the light when I need it. Night when DH came he asked why is the bill high and said coz I use lights, induction stove and other things the bill is high. I could not stand this cried for half an hour. Kid is formula fed and I need induction stove to boil water for her. My cylinder has not reached, so I save gas still the other one comes. I never use ac if it is me and kid only. If they are so conscious about spending money why cant they have stopped my dad spending lakhs on my marriage? I dont think I can sleep tonight.[​IMG]

8. Sweettooth

Sweettooth Bronze IL'ite

Don't worry Visasri....Dont spoil your sleep for her, she's just not worth it. ..She'll only be happy if she finds that you spoiled your sleep because of her...forget it.

Just a tip...I used to keep boiled water that's necessary for the baby's feeds in 2 huge flasks, so that i can avoid heating every now and then in induction stove.

1 person likes this.
  9. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sweet tooth,

Yes, I have 2 flasks too, again I need to sterilize the bottles she drinks milk and water from and the vessels I used to feed her from. I need to do it at least 4 times a day, and I cook whenever I get time, coz of the kid and I have no maid so, I need to manage all by myself. I have also opted to work from home from my company. Imagine what things I would be doing all the day and yet she finds things to accuse me. DH at least could have asked in a tone that brings out the fact from me.

10. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

DD's v'day invitation cards are ready and we are distributing it. The printer has given only 50 covers and the rest comestomorrow. MIL asked to give me the cards to my parents' side without cover and says it is enough for them. What a mean mentality she has got? I am planning to give them away only on Sunday and meantime it can wait, still she finds some reason to hurt me.