1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

Discussion on skype day before yeasterday when we bought a beautiful handbag for SIL and showed them ....
    MIL - wow , nice
    DH - U like it ?
    Mil - How much ?
    Dh - Y do u ask abt price ? ( As if they r overlowing)
    Mil - Just asking , if less....
    Dh - U want one ?
    Mil - If less ....
    Dh - Just tell me if u want
    Fil - She will not say , just get it....
    Mil - Get one mobile for ur sis...She cried a lot for losing the one u gave before

I was so angry becoz of their their demands...I have no issues giving them wat they do not have....They ask items which she lost . I mean my DH gave SIL mobile , watch ...She lost both of them....Asking again...

7 people like this.
  2. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

And they had a second child a few months ago too... Had to buy the new born the usual new born stuffs too... I did show my displeasure about it to DH, but he said if he wasn't married to me he would have, so now that he's married he shouldn't stop it.. Well, he's not thinking tht he has to support me too now.. That's more expense too.. But they don't understand tht too..

3. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

Losing something and asking again is just disgusting!! Doesn't your DH feel anything about it?

1 person likes this.
  4. greenbow

greenbow Gold IL'ite

whoa! what item ILs we all have :bowdown

My ILs, never once in their miserable life, gave me a pattu saree for any occasion, always cheapo sarees. Not sure why I even accept them, i should take one look and throw the sarees on their faces. On the other hand, I always gave them pattu sarees.

Even in my wedding they tried to give a cheap saree that even maids dont wear to attend others weddings. Thankfully my DH rejected the saree right on their faces, my parents got me a beautiful wedding saree.

1 person likes this.
  5. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

That is strictly 'according to your MIL'. Who asked you to believe her every word? Have you ever snooped around and dug into their murky past?? You may get many revelations :idea

One old neighbor aunty told me that DH was an angry young man once and they could hear his shouting downstairs. That MIL & SIL never saw eye to eye and had a huge screaming war a day before SIL's wedding. In one unguarded moment DH revealed to me that his mom never gave him tiffin for school. :shock: :bonk

So dear take all that rant about obedience and brainwashing with a pinch of salt. You don't know what was the scene before you entered the act.... :)

7 people like this.
  6. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

He feel bad that his sis is crying....After ending skype call , i asked "Doesnt ur sis have a mobile now?" My DH reply " she bought a basic model after losing that...For losing she cried a lot.So , mom asked to bring"...Wat to say?

5 people like this.
  7. greenbow

greenbow Gold IL'ite

SIL cried a lot..!!??!! LOL :rotfl

Once we gave MIL a gift since they visited us in US for first time (fyi, they came empty handed :rant). Less than a week later, MIL is whining on the phone that she lost the gift. She was still in US, the gift didnt even make it to India.

When DH buys expensive gifts for MIL/FIL, they dont show to relatives, instead told everyone that DH didnt bring them anything from US. Her stupid daughter buys a 1$ toy from Dollar Tree and she puts it in the glass shelf in the front room and boasts to everyone that her daughter got it for her.

3 people like this.
  8. greenbow

greenbow Gold IL'ite

Is it because of the model of phone or because her brother gave her?

Have your H buy another basic model and give it to her. If she cares about phone-given-by-brother, she shouldn't sulk, but if she only cares about the nice models that brother offers, oh well!

5 people like this.
  9. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Lot of stories are cooked up if I go by words of MIL but when it comes to DH, I know he has always been good and I wonder how a crazy woman like my MIL has such a sane son after tolerating her for all these years! Her madness is enough to drive someone mad!

What I know about DH is that he was always into studies, going for work and a family guy. He is still the same but yet MIL feels he has changed after marriage and that I have brainwashed him! It's the typical insecurity which has been there since the time our wedding got fixed and I guess it won't go for another decade till she is alive. So, I let her pour her GYAN on her son who gets impure in his wife's company everyday in spite of MIL's aura cleansing drive! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

9 people like this.
  10. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Congrats! Mine was a C-section. It was on June 1 Friday, dad is an astrologer so he fixed things, and doc asked me to decide any date within that week and I already had a cervical cerclage could not take the risk of normal delivery as per gynec. MIL called mom on May 30th and said why could not I have it on June 4, a full moon day and PILs wedding anniversary. My first child was born prematurely and passed away on a full moon day, and I was a bit shaken(now I feel how superstitious I am), and did not want to get the baby born with such moods. MIL kept insisting mom, and she firmly but politely told her my thoughts. At the end of the call MIL said oh! 1st is my friend's DD's engagement and we cannot attend it. Me :bonk

7 people like this.