1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Totally wrong dearies... :) Remember the time before WE came in their lives?? They didn't give two hoots to each other. DS used to reply back, Mom never cared for her son, both had no patience for each other, sometimes they would fight like cats & dogs.

AND NOW, now that an outsider is staying constantly in their house, they put their best faces to each other. And why not, they have got a new punch bag, on which they now take turns to punch.... :bonk

15 people like this.
  2. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

In my case Shreya, MIL feels that her obedient DS now doesn't listen to her (unlike before marriage) coz I have brainwashed him and she wants to make him pure by pouring him with her verbal GYAN! :evil::biglaugh

4 people like this.
  3. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

@Arch, your MIL is far better. Mine's native in Bangalore, and I am from TN. She got settled here after marriage. FIL is also from Bangalore. She talks as if she is the one who is preventing kaveri to TN. When the tenant wastes water(me and tenant is just 2 houses beyond MIL's), she says this is why we are not giving you Kaveri.(tenant and me need to stay mum as if she has the entire river in her hands and waiting tp let us have it)

13 people like this.
  4. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Hi all
    so many pages filled. rightnow i am in my mom's place. (got short term freedom)
    now new nataks started from inlaws. my inlaws call my Dh on ISD and ask about my children. They want to inform my Dh that i am not calling them daily and updating about my activities. my DH shouted for not calling them. I asked him "If they are so much interested about kids, they can make one STD and not ISD"
    MY Dh reaction :redface:

18 people like this.
  5. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Indian politics don't know what they are missing! I think news channels should stop running behind politicians for TRPS and pan the camera on our Mils. They will get lots of masaladear (spicy) quotes and interviews like this.....

My mil will go on and on about her Maharashtra puran and the best thing is that she usually places the gun on someone else and will fire it. For instance, my mom helped her with her sari at our wedding but this is what she had to say "my sil (mil's sil) was complaining that my sari was not draped correctly and she corrected it. Then I told my sil, Arch's mom helped me with my sari ... My sil replied "what do they know about saris - catholics only wear skirts!" This was not said by my mil's sil but my mil herself! :bowdown

I should change her name to MM (Master Manipulator) Oh and she always talks about UP folks being backwards and practicing untouchability. Yet when we hired a new house-help in India, the first question she asked the help was "what's your caste!" :bonk:rant
    And when my husband gave her the evil eye she turned around and said "Arrey the maid asked me first!"

Then she came and whispered in my ears "She is Ambedkar waali!" And I told her you do know that Ambedkar wrote our constitution? Fell on deaf ears though...:rant but she turned around and said "Hey I have no problems with these people but you know your Fil!":bowdown

That is MM for you!

9 people like this.
  6. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Good Answer GS! What are they eating everyday to be so smart in manipulation tactics!

1 person likes this.
  7. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Silvertulip - of course your DH needs to do ganga snan (bathe in ganga)! So that he can be pure again and become the MB that your Mil wants him to be!!!

2 people like this.
  8. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

It is only in my ILs house where marriage will give a girl a free child!

I swear I never saw the "Get married, get a kid free!" offer!!

Just called MIL, she was saying how her first grandchild (Eldest BILs daughter) was crying because the neighbour child left for vacations somewhere so she wanted to go somewhere too.. And she was accusing me of not bringing her anywhere.. Excuse me, woman! 1- She is not my child!! 2- I live too far away to come rushing to bring her on an evening outing..

That kid is living with her own mother and father and if they don't have the common sense to bring the kid somewhere during the school holidays, that is NOT my problem!

Even clothes and school bags shopping list is given to me and DH to buy and send for her.. it's disgusting.. sometimes I wonder if this will continue when I have my own child.. Or is this a temporary situation because eldest BIL is jobless now? Oh wait, he's been jobless since the day I was married! And that's almost 2 years! I guess this is going to be a perpetual situation...

I totally do not like it when we go to ILs house and my DH is the one who does everything from feeding to bathing to brushing the teeth for the kid! Heck, if my DH just shows a tiny portion of that attention to me while with ILs it would have been great!

3 people like this.
  9. ramyaraja

ramyaraja Gold IL'ite

Happy news my sis is blessed with baby girl much against very high expectations of in laws .. She was in labour pain from mon morning till tue afternoon. My MIL wanted to take her grandchild thru c section on Monday bcos that was an auspicious day and my FIL star too.. Oh god what to do with these stupid people.. Who in the right mind will do this?? They also fed my BIL saying its not good to have a baby boy on Tuesdays... Hellllo my DH ur elder son is Tuesday born except for you people screwing our lives nothing bad happened.. Feel like giving some piece of mind.. Heartless superstitions..

9 people like this.
  10. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

Minara , how can u stay with out reacting for this? Buying including school requirements , i think is too much.... Accusing u for not taking her out in holidays....Oh. Y did they take that step when not able to meet the necessities ?

1 person likes this.