1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Re: It happenly only in ILs house

In my house also lunch is always after 2.00 PM and ha let me take through a bit more on this
    On festivals prepare not less than 12-15 items all in miniature quantities.( Yes there are bakasuras at home to eat that many)
    Most of the time goes in cooking and the poor god will be waiting for his pooja to be done. And finally the moments comes and just goes off in minute. Yes whatever be the festival its the same pooja we do (Including ganesha chaturthi).
    Diwali is meant for showoff (My Dh is also not an exception in this ).

And regarding cleanliness, I can write on stamp paper and sign that my the entire family suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder. Any treatment suggestios Please.....

14 people like this.
  2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Viiksha, I'll do that in a separate thread and update you!

For now, I am laughing out loud at all the points !!!

esp : dabba administrator and ShilpaMa's - "When you visit them in their house... you cook.. when they visit you .. you Cook. "

6 people like this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

So funny thread... Here goes mine

- Wake up at 3.30 or 4.00 am while it is still dark, and switch off all the lights, and roam around the house without doing anything
    - Sleep at 7.00pm although there is so much to do at nights. Then complain others are spoilt as they do not sleep early
    - Eat home made food always, even if you are returning from a long drive, and it is almost 10 pm, but still MIL wants to cook, and FIL needs a home food. Its their business, but they complain on the ones those eat out in restaurants
    - Always eat Rasam and sambar, and don't bother to make special items on festivals or when visitors come, but if someone (DIL) prepares varieties of dishes, then hate her for making their son/others unhealthy.
    - Wears saree always, it's her wish... But if someone wears casual dress after the age of 40, they comment bad on them.
    - Never speak with each other casually... Always respect elders, and treat parents as Gods. Leave alone cracking jokes and having fun times at home.

Umanga, IniyaaSri, Nithikav and 15 others like this.
  4. coolpinky

Whatever be the cost, not more than Rs10/- should be spent on flowers for pooja. Thats what the god deserves in this house for giving them so much of wealth.
    Its ok to cook without taking bath in the morning, but no soaking of tamarind and dal overnight.
    No need of buying pathri (Grass Leaves used to perform pooja for ganesh) for ganesha chaturthi. We can manage with the Grass grown in the garden. This drives me crazy.
    Just think one more which drives ILites crazy over here and that takes me to Senior ILite position.

10 people like this.
  5. sasirekamsc83

sasirekamsc83 Silver IL'ite

This is exactly what is happening in my case....

3 people like this.
  6. coolpinky

And yes,
    The servant maid, She has to clean all three bathrooms, three sinks with soap powder everyday.
    And while giving breakfast this is what happens. Keep idli/dosa in the plate(X4), keep spoons (x4), Keep cups in the plate(x4) for chutney, 4 lunch plates, 4 dinner plates, ............. The list is so big that more than half of the vessels in the kitchen would be in the utility area everyday for cleaning.
    Poor maid will be torn apart and even if there is a small trace of soap or dirt left over that would be kept back in the utility area and she will be asked to clean it again.
    Nearl half dozen hand towels used every day in kitchen. Poor me will manage with one.

7. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

1.ils accept gift from dil and parents but it is forbidden to give return gifts dil aprents or their relatives..
    2.having sac full of tomatos but adding half the plum size tomato to curry..
    3.prepare curry for two and serve them to 10 members
    4.never evr invest money for nonstick pans instead do powder dabba puja,scent bottle nomu,chitti bottula nomu..
    5.take one special ticket and trying to take whole khandan on one ticket.
    6.askind dils parents to bring big suv when coming to recieve son and dil and take son,dil and lo in their mini alto and luggage in suv..

sumzaya, meepre, kiran1988 and 14 others like this.
  8. coolpinky

Go in auto when they go alone.
    Book a sedan category cab when son books a cab.
    DH opens the door of the car carefully and MIL will sit in the car gracefully clutching her handbag tight in her arms.

shravs3, mybaby1, kiran1988 and 16 others like this.
  9. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

breakfast at 11am
    lunch at 3 or 3.30pm
    dinner at 10pm, FIL eats later about 11.30pm.
    but i skip the dinner and end my day with snack at at 7 or 8pm.
    tv will be on from 7am to 12 midnight or later
    lights and fans will running even if no one in the room
    DIL (me) buy saree for RM250, but MIL saree cost RM500 or more) malaysian ringgit
    my wedding saree was about RM900 but MIL saree for her sasthipurthi (60th wedding anniversary) was RM2200!!!
    keep unwashed plates and utensil to next day. whereas in my mother's house each of us will take turn to clean the dining table, kitchen floor and wash plates and make sure the kitchen is clean before go to bed.
    my MIL will just leave everything unwashed on dinning table and went to sleep. (i cant wait to clean before goin to bed because my FIL eats at 11.30pm and i normally will go to sleep at 10.30pm) but will make sure to wash the plates in the morning before getting ready to work.

10. coolpinky

MIL is always the decision maker at home even how much ever silly the issue is.
    DIL can never be a part of advisory committee.
    She has just follow what high command orders.

mybaby1, sirila29, Shina and 20 others like this.