1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It’s Not How Big The House Is, It’s How Happy The Home Is.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 8, 2017.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Happiness don't depend on external things. Its your internal way of thinking and choosing to be happy. If you choose your way to be happy , you can live a happy life even without modern amenities and opposite is you will still be unhappy with all luxuries. Happiness is a matter of choice!!

In young age I used to dream of luxurious life but now in old age I feel happiness is in living a simple life . There is so much happiness in giving happiness than receiving. When you cook a meal and its appreciated by the family and enjoyed by the family , you feel so happy.

We all have happy memories of our childhood. We never used to see whether our house is large or small. We feel happy int he experiences we shared as a family.

Happiness is when your friends, relatives and your family care for you and in turn when we care for them. Recently when I had a fall I came to know so many people are there who care about me. At this age we need love and affection from everyone and when we get in abundance we feel so happy. It seems God gives problems so that we will think of Him and gives problems to those whom He is fond of. At that time if we leave everything in His hands , He will take care and show a way to solve our problems. Because of the love everyone showed and with their prayers I became ok soon .

“Do not educate children to be rich ; Educate them to be happy ; So that when they grow up they will know the value of things and not just the price .“

My husband had some skin problem and he was not going to the Doctor.When we went to Pune his niece's son saw that and immediately called Doctor's assistant who is more like a Doctor and good friend . He also came and prescribed some medicines and ointment and now he is alright , otherwise he would have been suffering. Its so nice of them to get him treated , felt happy with their love and affection fo rus. Hedid not take money for th emedicines too.

Some nice feelings ♥
    > When you realized that you are Valued for someone
    > When you get ready and someone says that you are Looking good> When everyone gottheir ice-creams cups except you and someone give you one’s own cup
    > When someone knows your favorite song and play only those songs when you are around
    > When someone call you or text you for no reason
    > When someone is excited to see you every time
    So whenever you find that someone , Go Ahead & Enjoy [​IMG]
    Hope

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Nice thoughts !!

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to my thread and thanks for your first feedback

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji Mam,

I liked these lines,
    so beautiful, really happy to read this post.

Thank U!!

iyerviji likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

So true, Vijima. These days there is nothing we lack. What is missing is the company. It was a common thing when we were young to have visitors coming and going and we used to also go and spend time with them. Today visitors want their own bedroom when visiting. It used to be such fun to put out mattresses on the floor and everyone would chat till late in the night till they fell asleep. This would lead to some really funny situations. I remember one aunt once complaining that she could not sleep at all. Poor lady suffered from insomnia. But her description was hilarious. "I could not sleep. X was snoring on one side. The clock struck 12. Then I heard something run across. Still no sleep. One was going zzzzz..... (tone goes up), the other was going grrrrrrrr..... (tone goes down). The clock struck 4 am. I could not sleep at all". Every time there was a gathering, this story was remembered and we used to have a good laugh at her narrative.

Apart from everything else, life has changed. There is nobody at home these days to play host. So there are no such opportunities anymore. The only time one can meet all relatives together is when there are occasions like weddings, births, funerals etc.

iyerviji, Amica, kkrish and 1 other person like this.
  6. Itsmylife143

Itsmylife143 Platinum IL'ite

Amazing thoughts @iyerviji , Like those simple feelings, Yesterday I am the someone for other :)

iyerviji likes this.
  7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vii Madam,
    You are perfectly correct. It is people who matter most in spite of having all the modern communication gadgets.
    When siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles meet in person it is altogether a different feeling. How many memories float!
    In Hyderabad we meet our relatives and friends and spend time. We make time. If one is sick so many throng to help. People are the most important in life. I too believe in it.
    Syamala

iyerviji and kkrish like this.
  8. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Nice reflections viji maami. I too feel once our basic needs and some luxury is met, we tend to not give much importance to material wants. More satisfying is the interactions we have with our children, relations, friends etc.
    Being able to be in our own world of whatever hobbies we have. Truly simple things like the ones you listed.

9. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Viji aunt,
    I completely agree with what you have said. In our childhood days we never had to many luxury items at home. That was the case in most of our neighbours as well.But there were people around us who cared and everyone would be there who lend their helping hands when someone is sick at home or some other issue happpens.
    It never mattered whether the house was big or small. But after moving to the city, i started wondering how much importance people give to materialistic things. We still have people around us but the question is do we really care for them or do they care for us is the question which comes to mind very often.

We definitely feel happy when we have people who really care for us.

I liked your post.

10. Hansa78

Hansa78 Bronze IL'ite

Very nice thoughts !!

I am happy that you came across such people in life.
    Or else nobody has time for others now. Everyone is busy with their work and other schedules. They hardly have time for their own family forget about extended families.

Some nice feelings ♥
    > When you realized that you are Valued for someone
    > When you get ready and someone says that you are Looking good
    >When everyone gottheir ice-creams cups except you and someone give you one’s own cup
    > When someone knows your favorite song and play only those songs when you are around
    > When someone call you or text you for no reason
    > When someone is excited to see you every time
    So whenever you find that someone , Go Ahead & Enjoy hey d

Indeed these are the nicest feelings to have but if they are all missing and you are expecting this without any reciprocation you might feel depressed.
    That is when people start being practical in life which will in turn make them more materialistic.

iyerviji likes this.