1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Issue with my spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by newmom1, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear New mom,

Read your post today only. SS has given a beautiful and very meaning ful advice.Bow

I shld tell you that I had faced the same problems in my married life may be not to this extent. My husband being the only son used to be behind his mother's apron strings. Even today if I think of first preganancy, I feel like crying. It is almost 12 yrs of our marriage. But I shld tell you whatever SS has told I have practiced it. I was not working before and was not allowed also and we live in a joint family where everybody's opinion is important except mine. They needed only a son but alas I have two daughters (which I am very proud of)

Finallyy I started to speak. I thought enough was enough. Luckily for us, we had been posted to Port Blair and I was the :queen of my house though we used to call often. In the meantime my father also passed away and my hubby started feeling for my family. In Port Blair he saw how couples were close and we were so apart. Then he started observing my way of housekeeping, bringing children everything and really liked it (though will never admit it because of ego) We used to have our fights also but when I felt I was right I never left any stone unturned. He was surprised to see me sooooooo strong and uncompromising. There I decided I will go to a job once back in Bangalore and after coming here I have joined a job last year. Honestly, I am very confident of myself now. My friends/colleagues appreciate me for my strength. Though I would say my inlaws are not quite happy, but I have decided it is my life and I am going to take the call. Luckily, hubby dear didn't interfere - now earning well also. I feel now he respects me more. Takes my help in every thing.

This is my practical exp. Please do not lose your cool and don't be a doormat. Stand up for yourself. Speak to him. Learn to say NO when needed. Though it is not a very smooth ride but it will be a success.

All the best for your future.:thumbsup

2. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Three cheers to you Lalitha!!!! So proud of you!

We need to hear more success stories like yours to encourage our friends who are facing the same challenges.

Have a wonderful day!
    SS