ISKON / Gita classes / sloga classes in Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Abu Dhabi' started by svasu84, Oct 31, 2012.

1. svasu84

svasu84 New IL'ite

Hi my dear friends,

I am Vasundhara - i stay in defence road next to Al Adil (Indian Store) in Abu Dhabi. I am basically from Tamil Nadu - Trichy. :)

1. I came to know via previous OLD threads that there exists ISKCON here in Abu Dhabi and they are conducting classes and events on Fridays. Since it was very old thread, i would like to know more about the ISKCON, Abu Dhabi.More information like - Are they are conducting classes or events in Abu Dhabi? If so where and would should be contacted like these...

2. I would also like to know whether they are any groups which conducts Vishnu Sahasranamam or Lalitha Sahasranamam parayanam at some place or at someone's home.

3. Is there any one teaching - Gita / narayaneeyam / Naalayara Dhivya Prabatham / Mahalakshmi Astothrams or other slogams like that.

Please share as much details as possible, as it will be really of great to lot of people like me.... :):thumbsup I am also interested and would like to take this opportunity to make new few friends of like interest!!! :)

Love:bowdown

2. VIDHYAPRASAD

VIDHYAPRASAD Senior IL'ite

hi svasu84

there is ISKCON abu dhabii, they r taking bhagavat gita classes, bhakthi vriksha on thursday & hall programs(arabudipi hall) on friday weekly.

at present damodhara masa (kartik month-oct 30th -nov28th)according to

iskcon vaishnava calender, it is considered very auspicious month, so they will offer

ghee lamp to lord krishna, if u would like to conduct damodhar ghee offering to lord krishna in ur house,during this auspicious month, their volunteer will come & do. there is no charge it's free, they will recite damodhar ashtakam & will bring a free kit consists of lord krishna photo, one cd & 4 mud lamp. pls let me know.

then hope u know abt pradosham committee, they r conducting pradosham pooja every 15days on Trayodasi day.
    Next week on 8th & 9th Nov they r conducting seetha kalyana Mahotsavam at sudanese club.
    Then anusham pooja is there every month. where there will recite slokams

3. svasu84

svasu84 New IL'ite

Hi Vidhya Prasad,

Thank you so much for the valuable above information. As u said, i have heard of Pradisham and i myself have attended few pradosham and i subscribed to them so that i am getting regular mails on updates. Yes i know about Seetha Kalyanam and my residence is just opp of Sudanese Club :) Are u planning to attend that Seetha kalyanam.. If so pls let me know, will meet.

ISKON - Thank u so much for providing the information. But can u provide me further more details like contact number and Arab Udipi Hall means.. Where is it?? i know the arab udipi in Airport Road and also back to hamdan centre. Where this regular classes are going now and are they taking regular classes for adults also?? With respect to Damodhara Masa - Ghee lamp il will check with my husband and let u know. Please if u can provide me the details of Hall of Arab udipi, then it will really very helpful for me so that i can plan to attend tom itself :)

4. VIDHYAPRASAD

hi svasu84,
    yes i will be going for seetha kalyanam, sure will meet there & regding tomorrow there is a gettoghther in arabudipi hall only in evening, not in the morning, if u would like to join. pls do join. Arab Udupi Hall, 3rd floor. Firdous Tower, Salam Street. Abu Dhabi.

5. svasu84

svasu84 New IL'ite

Hi Vidhya,

Thank so much for your immediate reply. I have noted down ur number.. Will call u soon... by the way where do u stay in Abu Dhabi, which part of India u belong to :) and this is my email id.. svasu84@gmail.com .. will can chat via that too :) bye for now

6. VIDHYAPRASAD

hi svasu84,

i stay in khalidiya. am from chennai. noted ur email id.

7. umalavanya

umalavanya New IL'ite

hi vidhya

i stayed in khalidiya only...now in electra...... can i know the details about this...... geeta classes...... my kids are 7 and 4 years...can they learn...pls do let me know

8. umalavanya

umalavanya New IL'ite

hi vasu

i added u in my gmail seeing ur id....we can chat and hope to meet for the classes..... thank u

9. Rekha05

Rekha05 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I suppose the above is an old thread. Would like to know if still gita classes are happening. Being house wife Nd being here with out seeing much indian faces to speak is boring. Would like to get introduced to few.

Kindly share some info

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013