Isha Inner Engineering - Has Anyone Tried This?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by abc00, Dec 1, 2019.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Has anyone tried the Isha Foundation Inner Engineering course? Does it help?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019

2. MKCo

MKCo New IL'ite

Yes, definitely you should try this. I was also skeptical like you and was searching the internet for the answers. But believe me, don't go by the negative comments on internet by a handful of people who are against every good thing in this world.
    Doing Inner Engineering was the best decision of my life.

anika987 likes this.
  3. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I would say stay away from Goldman and their institutions ..

Recent two examples ... kalki — caught by police and chinmayanand .. who ran away from country .... every Goldman is good only till they get exposed

Roar and sbonigala like this.
  4. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

Learn the yoga and do it for your own benefit. Yoga is really helpful if u practice it. But please please do not fall for any godman’s video talks. Never watch them. Stay away from the organization

Sunshine04 and Roar like this.
  5. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Is there a good link, you would okay

6. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Follow the real yogis... those who see the world from a level above most of us...they don't even talk much, they just exist and bring peace around ( shiridi sai, Ramana Maharshi etc)

These Godman are just like us, they want fame, they have ego and they buy cars... they are with us in the dream... not any more or less awake than us... why follow when they are like us?...

Meditation is good for mind.. yoga is good for body... they are ancient. Inner engineering is a fancy modern word for them... don't fall for it...fall for the truth :)

7. MKCo

MKCo New IL'ite

Yoga without Guru is extremely dangerous. In my opinion and with my experience please do not try doing yoga by reading books or watching videos. A few stretching exercises you can do but yoga, pls get initiated by a Guru.

8. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

No I didn’t mean to learn online or virtually. Learn the yoga through Inner engineering or through art of living or any other in person course. But do not let the godmen fool you.

I am cautioning the OP here because I referred one friend to one such course and now that friend is deeply involved with the organization. I feel guilty in referring the person. But so far the person is only working for social cause which gives me some peace.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I have a couple of friends and a family member who have tried the Isha Inner Engineering Program and have nothing but good things to say about it. At the end of the day, it is Yoga and Meditation techniques, both of which, I believe have physical benefits, if nothing else.

You can be as involved in it as you want to be, is my understanding. About the Isha Foundation itself, apart from a few controversial things written about Jaggi Vasudev on his personal life (none of which he has a case for or anything like that), I have not seen them do anything objectionable and only involve in social causes such as Kaveri Calling, Rally for Rivers and other such social projects, with hordes of people volunteering. How much change has all this actually effected, I don't know.

Sunshine04 likes this.
  10. KayKuyil

KayKuyil Silver IL'ite

I have attended the Inner Engineering program and so talking out of experience. More focus on his video discourses on ‘acceptance’ with a couple of meditation and small yoga movements thrown in. If you are looking to get into Yoga, then you will have better options. This is just focused as more of a self-help lure in and I didn’t find anything worthwhile to take away. I was bored and had lots of time after work so thought will give this a shot. Even volunteered for 2 more programs, again because I had time. Reason I quit : All through the program they give you gyan on acceptance and in the last wrap up talk, the teacher will go over reasons why u should not follow book yoga, video yoga etc etc and also said our sadhguru got his name from his followers and not self-named himself sri sri etc. which was a direct implication on the other similar ‘guru’. It made me realize ‘wtf! If u r so into acceptance, accept there can be others like you too. Why would u throw in cheap garbs’ and that made me say ‘not worth it’. It’s a posh cult that creates a sense of belonging to people who think they are mired in day-to-day issues and life in general. Will I recommend it to anyone? Obviously no.