1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is your Spouse more than a Spouse to you? Share the special moments!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Nov 6, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Reminisce on those special moments when your DH/DW was more than a spouse to you..
    a mom, a dad, a brother, a sister, a friend, a guide, a child, and what not..
    Only a husband-wife relationship can be any of those to each other in life.
    It is this uniqueness that makes the bond they share all the more special.:wink:

A mom or dad or brother or sister or friend can sure play any of those roles to a person but not the role of a spouse.
    Only a spouse can be all of the above in addition to being a spouse to the loved ones.:kiss

There can be numerous instances of such role playing scattered across the day to day life and/or at the trying times.
    Feel free to reflect on those times when you see/saw your DH as a mother.. or any of the above.. :thumbsup

For my dear folks who are yet to experience such moments, please feel free to share the special bond you share with anyone else who was more than the tagged relation to you. I would be more happy to have all of you participate. :)

HAPPY DEEPAVALI, Folks! :cheers
    The cheer this thread may spread amongst you is my Diwali present to all of you !! A little 'Thank You' in my simple way for all the folks who miss my threads during my hibernations.:p

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Happy Deepavali to you too, and hola! You are in with a special thread for the festival :)

3. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Ouch...............! ரொம்ப வலிச்சிருச்சு............!

Why did you forget the men in this forum, Mstrue ? Your wordings of the thread should have been "Is your DH / DW more than a DH / DW to you ? Share the special moments !"

Both your past two threads on this subject of appreciating the spouse had the wordings, DH / DW, why you left men behind in this thread ?

Remember.............there are so many men, like me, waiting to write on your thread. Look above, the first member, before me, who replied to you is also a man.

So, change the words , as I suggested above, by yourself. If you are not able to change it(for technical reasons) , then ask a Moderator to change it.

4. anaconda1997

anaconda1997 Senior IL'ite

yes he is a gem to me.. supports me as i do to him in everything and always..

5. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

True,
    I love the way you're back!
    Yes my DH is mmore than just a spouse to me , all-in-all Azhagu Raja!:rotfl

6. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My DH is like:) as the saying goes ''... a friend, philosopher and guide..''

7. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Cheerful thread, True ! :thumbsup

IG,

What is there in a title.. Nothing should stop us from sharing the
    best-awww.. moments with our spouse isnt ? :) However, I heard you. I reacted. :)

Ok.. this moment was 6 months ago while I was in labour. The last few hours of horrible pain I had, and the epidural was cut off, I remember my hubby was with me feeling sorry about the pain. I was screaming and begging for medicine and the nurse was simply saying ' No, Preethi, time to push in sometime so NO MEDICINE. Time to see the lil' boy ! ' I was not intrested and was shouting my lungs out in kannada ( the local language me and hubby were brought up in ) I kept saying
    ' Y' know how it pains ' !! while I was clenching his hands hard. Suddenly I heard my hubby say I Know !!
    Huh ? WTH I said.. How do you know.. Idiot ! I started groaning again.
    But right the next minute I realised Yes, HE KNEW ! He was around like he understood the pain sooo much and was mothering me. It is not true that only a mom will understand our pain. Unfortunately a hubby cannot go through it to feel it .. But, if he can stand by you through it, then it is all that is important !

My mommy told me later.. when she offered to stay with me during labour, my hubby immedietly sprung saying Its ok ! :) She said, his face meant
    ' What ? She is my wife and she is having our baby.. how can ' I ' not be near her ' !!! :crazy Mommy felt happy and I liked her intrepretation to her son-in-law's 2 words ! :)

8. padma777

padma777 Senior IL'ite

Hello mstrue,
    My parents are more than parents to me. They are friends, philosophers and guides to me in everything I do. It is different whether I accept their decision always or not. But I have a lot of love for them, attachment towards them and a pleasant feeling for them. We r so transparent to each other that there is no barrier between us. As I grow older I behave with them like my grand children! (am unmarried).:rotfl

9. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Reply to Dr.Preethi.

IG,

What is there in a title.. Nothing should stop us from sharing the
    best-awww.. moments with our spouse isnt ? :) However, I heard you. I reacted

Thanks Preethi. I was not actually annoyed. It was an objection conveyed in a lighter vein........with, just fun. My point was, I had uploaded maximum number of posts in Mstrue's past two threads....."put smile in DH / DW's heart" and the other one. The number of my posts in that thread will numberically exceed any other's ones. That is why I objected. Anyhow, thank you so much for correcting it.

I was screaming and begging for medicine and the nurse was simply saying ' No, Preethi, time to push in sometime so NO MEDICINE. Time to see the lil' boy ! ' I was not intrested and was shouting my lungs out in kannada ( the local language me and hubby were brought up in ) I kept saying
    ' Y' know how it pains ' !! while I was clenching his hands hard. Suddenly I heard my hubby say I Know !!
    Huh ? WTH I said.. How do you know.. Idiot ! I started groaning again.
    But right the next minute I realised Yes, HE KNEW ! He was around like he understood the pain sooo much and was mothering me. It is not true that only a mom will understand our pain

Yes. Preethi. Men can certainly feel the pain. But the problem is.....often we are not able to express it. But, in this situation , it is so nice that your husband could convey to you, that he understood your pain. (Was the delivery conducted in U.S ?.......In India, this concept of keeping the husband together with the wife during delivery, is still not comfortable to the Obstetricians.)

10. happyalways

happyalways Senior IL'ite

A good thread MST.

@ Dr. Preethi.

Your reply was so touching. You are one lucky gal. Its more painful to watch a loved one in pain and feeling helpless and your DH chose to undergo that pain. Simply great.

In my case, my DH plays the role of a mother, father, sibling and a spouse but he is that Best Friend of mine with whom I can be myself. He knows many things about me which my mother has no clue of. He is my backslap buddy, my punching bag, my 4 am friend, a friend who understands my words exactly the way they were said and can understand my silence too. Thank god for my DH.:)