1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is your husband your dream man

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by iyerviji, Feb 12, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My husband was not my dream man but later he became my dream man. At young age you have your dreams of getting a husband who is a super man, very handsome, loving, romantic etc. etc. I also dreamt like that before marriage.

Ours was arranged marriage. In my days it was a different situation. The horoscopes should match, the boy will come and see the girl with family. It is not only his liking but everyone in the family should like the girl and they expect that she should be an adjusting type. The marriage was decided by the parents. I was very scared to tell my opinion those days. When I got married I found that he is a simple man , having his own ideas , never expecting anything from anyone but doing his duty and loving and caring. He does not believe in giving gifts or going out for a party for occasions but he is very loving and caring.

He has always been by my side for everything. He is the one who takes decision and me and my children follow his advice.

Though we are north pole and south pole , now we are made for each other. He is very fond of talking and wherever he goes , he entertains people. We both are social , so enjoy going anywhere. He might not be modern in his dressing but his ideas are modern. He does lot of social service and always ready to help anyone but if anyone tries to act funny he wont leave them. He is very straight forward.

On the whole he is a gem of a person.

How about you, is your husband the right choice.

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Vijima, very frank and open post, speaking from the heart. very nice.

Our dream and reality may differ but to lead a happy and peaceful life with what is given to us is a gift. I think you possess that gift.

You and mama are perfect couple, adjusting to one another, respecting one another. Vijima, i pray to God to give His blessings for a healthy and peaceful life to you and mama.

andal

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Andal dear thanks for the first fb and your loving compliments. In marriage adjustment is required. Though my dh is very economic and strict in some things I dont say anything and happy that I got a good husband who does lot of social work and helps others when in need.

Giri12 likes this.
  4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Viji aunty,
    Simple statement, but those are words of wisdom. It is nice to read how you the two of you complement each other :thumbsup

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Spidy

Glad to see you here and thanks for the compliments

6. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

My husband is not my dream man..I am a dentist and I married a software guy because I heard that IT guys are very chilled out. I also wanted someone who is not from my profession so that we respect each other,not talk about patients always etc

On the other hand...my hubby is ultra responsible,doesn't know how to download any movies:drowning,in fact uses his computer only for work,encouraged me a lot to work hard,do part time,pushed me for interviews and is more ambitious about both our careers.

I wanted a lazy person like me..but it's good that I got a responsible and caring person.He helps me a lot in the kitchen,cleans the house along with me and now took a movies subscription on the net for me to enjoy before my Dental school starts:)

I always used to think what to buy for valentines day and wedding anniversary as both days come one after the other...but now I realized..more than any material gifts,he appreciates the time spent with me and food cooked by me.So this year,I'm planning an elaborate meal and a quiet evening for my DH.
    He is not my dream man...but he is the best husband I could have got:bowdown

ashima10 likes this.
  7. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

In one line, YES my dh is my dream man.

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Viji, very happy to see that not a dream man, became a gem of a person.:thumbsup

As of yours, mine is also an arranged marriage...not a dream man ( I don't know whether I am the dream girl of him or not :biglaugh) but slowly came to know that he is one of a kind man.:thumbsup..very compassionate, helpful many more qualities which I envy and wanted to develop in the near future.

sriniketan

9. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, god bless you and mama being such a lovely and wonderful couple !!

I am also blessed with an caring, understanding, helping husband and if I list out the adjectives it is endless. He respect and treat my side of relations in the same way that he does his side of the family !! Everyone in our family adore him and may god keep us both happy, helpful always with all your blessings !!

10. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

hi viji aunty,

nice thread.

to answer your question... no, he is not my dream man.

but i realise that my 'dream man' is strictly a fictitious character and bears no resemblance to any person living or dead!..... and so, my hubby might just be the next best thing!:)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011