1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is this really Adenoids problem in my kid. Please help me.

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by SaiNiharika, Aug 28, 2015.

1. SaiNiharika

SaiNiharika Bronze IL'ite

Hello,

My kid is now 21 months old from 3 months while sleeping in nights he wakes suddenly and starts crying. He had no runny nose. He feels some disturbance in his nose. Daily at same time he starts crying. while sleeping we are hearing snoring sound, and he used to breath with his nose. We visited ENT doctor and he wrote some skull x-ray [COLOR=#009900 !important]to test[/COLOR] for adenoids. But my son is too small he did not support to take x-ray, ENT doctor said it seems to be adenoidand wrote a nasal spray(Physiomer Hypertonic spray) and a syrup (Levocetirizine & Monetelukast).
    I am daily giving that spray before sleep and middle of the sleep. Is this safe is this decreases enlarged adenoid. Is my child has really adenoid problem. I am in confusion please suggest best [COLOR=#009900 !important]home remedies[/COLOR] to how to avoid adenoids problem and increase immunity system. Please help me.

2. BhartiVihaan

BhartiVihaan New IL'ite

My 3 year old son is also facing same problem.
    He snores very loudly and does not have deep sleep.He has wheezing problem too.He will not eat food properly.
    Gets frequent cold,cough and fever.Each time we end up giving antibiotics.Its like once a month.
    He almost always has cold.
    Our pead told to look for ENT.May be this week we will get his adenoids checked.

Please help.Im thinking of homeopathy too..
    Waiting for replies.

3. SaiNiharika

Hi BhartiVihaan, It seems like adenoids, If he breaths through his mouth even in summer then I think its adenoids. Instead of prediatic please got to ENT then you will know % of adenoid development.homeopaty is the best. But it takes time to cure. If your chid has good immunity best to go for homeo. We went adenodictomy to our chid even though he is sufferring with cold always. When we asked the DR he said he has allergic rhities .Now we are suing homeo medicine for this from 6 moths, he is little better.

4. BhartiVihaan

BhartiVihaan New IL'ite

Yeah he breaths thru his mouth only.We have to meet ENT. I don't think he has good immunity as he gets frequent cold, cough and fever.What is adenodictomy ..is it removal of adenoids.I have read that if we remove adenoid, it comes back and it is not advisable. How is ur child's problem now ?

Is there complete cure of this problem ?

5. SaiNiharika

adenodictomy is removal of adenoids. 9 monts back his adenoids removed and gromets inserted in his ears. He has allergic rihitis. Now he is suffering from that. He stooped his Nose breathing after 1 month of adenodictomy. but immune syste becames wroste after that
    No he is some what better than before adenodictomuy

6. BhartiVihaan

BhartiVihaan New IL'ite

Yeah my worry is also that after removal it will come back and his immune system will become worse.. so please suggest if we can go for homeo. I stay in Dubai.Where do u stay ?
    What home remedies you are following and what food precautions we should take ?
    How old is ur son ?

7. SaiNiharika

Don't worry, I am from Hyderabad. My son suffered from adenoids from his 18th month. Daily I do hot water vapourisation for 5 min morning and eve, Used some steroid Nasal spray . Nasonex. Still am doing same. NO cool water, cold item. Always feeds him warm items. Still your are suffering from allergy. No he completed his 3rd year.

8. BhartiVihaan

BhartiVihaan New IL'ite

I'm also telugu.So daily you are giving nasal spray ?
    My son has completed 3 years. His sleep is very disturbed as he snoars very loudly as he is not able to breathe properly.
    How is ur son's sleep.And what is his frequency of getting infections?

9. mahadevisheikh

mahadevisheikh New IL'ite

Dear all
    i joined yesterday, i have the same problem for my 3.5 years old daughter, doctor told she have tonsils some times it worst, she wont sleep at night she will sit and sleep in sofa, is it any home remedies please suggest me

10. BhartiVihaan

BhartiVihaan New IL'ite

My paed said around 50-60 % kids have problem with tonsils and adenoids.
    Seriously it is very disturbing. Parents also will not have proper sleep.
    If they dont sleep and eat properly then how they will grow.
    I have read that giving honey and lemon daily will help . We should cut on their dairy products.
    Is that true ?

Is there no permanent solution for this ??
    Sai Niharika -- have u tried homeo ? And how much % of adenoids ur kid has ?
    Mahadevi - Have u done any treatment.

For my son its getting worse with age..