1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is this love or age or just harmones?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by infinitehopes, Feb 28, 2009.

1. infinitehopes

infinitehopes Bronze IL'ite

Don't worry dear - I wasn't even questioning your commitment.
    Actually - come to think of it, let me read your responses to the two thought proviking threads from Rihana ! That will tell me the real thing !:rotfl (Need I say - just kidding?)

2. infinitehopes

Dear SS,

Thanks for pitching in. We do need your insights into such topics.

The reason I wonder - is probably because of "Discovery Channel" or "Animal Planet"! :)

What I mean is - males feel alive when they are active in protecting their territory and win something over. And in a crude sense that also applies to marriage - when DH's find (as you said) "they are not the ONLY source" of their DW's happiness. When they realize that - they get something to look forward to i.e. "becoming the ONLY source of happiness". So I feel its a game, which men keep playing with themselves or others.

So, as you rightly say, if women kind of decentralize - men get to feel active again.

I will be probably wrong in saying only Males play this game - females play this game too. So we try to dress up the way "she" was dressed up - because we find our DH checking her out!

The reason I took the example of "liking other men" - was because its considered as a taboo. But as long it is just enough to keep this small "territory" game going - I think it would prove to be healthier for marriage.

What do you think?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  3. infinitehopes

Lets hear more from others. I kind of feel sad that my frequency of "window-shopping for eye-candies" has reduced conderably !Rant

It used to be fun doing these small acts to "get" the attention - and showing that you didn't do it intentionally ! I find myself doing that "very very rarely now" - but ofcourse "rarely" is relative :wink:

4. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

I usually just blabber in Rihana's threads... so I'd be VERY surprised if my responses provide you with too many clues, LOL. :):):)

Hey, BTW, what is your name? You can give me a pseudonym if you want! It sounds funny to call you InfiniteHopes, although your user name is very optimistic and positive!!!! bonk

5. infinitehopes

6. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Hmmmmmmmmmm... now then, IF, HOW "rare" is rare? Once a week / once a month / once a year.... hmmm? :hide:

7. vidhkarthik

vidhkarthik Bronze IL'ite

LOL at Malyatha and Rihana :) I definitely do window shop for eyecandy too. TH has a thing for blonde bombshells....Am just a brunette shell. I have a thing for tall, dark men..but TH is neither ;) So...Window shopping is fun.

Of course..goes without saying I don't like blondes and the husband hates tall, dark men :) And yes....My Girlfriends & I make it a point to hang out atleast once a month to gossip, catchup, get some time out from THs and ofcourse to check out some fresh dandy candy ;)

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,

Really LOL... Big LaughBig LaughBig Laughhere...

I checked out meaning of window-shopping, and look what I found:

Shopping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    To many, shopping is considered a recreational activity in which one visits a variety of stores in search of a suitable product to purchase.
    "Window shopping" is an activity that shoppers engage in by browsing shops with no intent to purchase, possibly just to pass the time between other activities, or to plan a later purchase.

Now I am so scared that I don't want to search for meaning of "return policy". :rotfl

For those wondering how the above is related to love/age/harmones, please check out the previous few posts.. we ladies are being very unladylike here :hide:

-Rihana

9. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Erm... I don't plan any future 'purchases' of this Nature... but I do enjoy browsing and checking out other 'merchandise', even if I have NO intent to purchase any. Helps me fight boredom big time, you know?

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh yes, definitely helps fight boredom. :)

-Rihana