1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a coincidence or a superstition?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

In my opinion, when things happen when we do somethings, we connect it and claim it as a coincidence.
    When that same thing happens everytime, we becomes superstitious..isn't it!
    That's how superstitions came into effect.:idea I think!

Sometime back I wrote about me being labelled as overweight through American standards..:spin From that day onwards, I was planning different ways to reduce it...
    One such way is the skipping rope..:wowI started on a slow count.

On that day I heard the news that California had a small-scale earthquake..I just shrugged it off as a coincidence...but felt very sorry for those people living there.

But one thing came to my mind, where people would make fun and say if you walk there will a earthquake ...but here I jump Witsend

After I made the skipping a regular, more such news of earthquakes, in places like Haiti, Turkey, Japan, were on the news.:-(

Later during the winter time, I slipped and fell on the black ice and I couldn't do the skipping rope...but still heard about the earthquakes and after-shocks.....:bonk are these the after shocks which occured after me stopped doing the jump rope? (they refer to skipping rope as jump rope here). I couldn't understand.

Later, after my knees felt better I started doing the skipping..but on that day..I heard a news that California had a small-scale tremor..:hide:

Do you think this as a coincidence or a superstitious happening? :confused2:

sriniketan

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010

2. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan !
    :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

I'm unable to type because i'm :rotfl

If my sides split, I'm holding you responsible for that too !

Loved it !:cheers

3. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

This is neither coincidence nor superstition, just a combination of circumstances that bring out another rib-tickling post from our dear Bhargavi:biglaugh

What a sense of humour! :clap:hatsoff...

Love,
    Padma

4. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear srini

That was superb. I think it is better to keep the skipping rope aside. Find another soft way to reduce your weight dear !!!! :)

keep writing.

ganges

5. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Bhargavi!

Enjoyed your humour coated article.
    Thottavan peyar la kutham maadhiri, for earthquake somewhere u think ur skipping is the reason?!!!!!!
    If u say this for e/qs what would u say for Tsunamis?

It is only coincidence. Don't think loud on this else for any future E/Qs some Govt:biglaugh. may claim compensation from u!!!:biglaugh

Idhu eppadi irukku?

6. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Dear B,

Don't skip any more, inga CAla adikkadi earthquakes vara vekkadeengo :biglaugh(just kidding, no offense please)

Its just a co-occurred incident (can't just call it a coincidence too), so unga weight loss programmai continue pannungo. The ones in chile, haiti, turkey and all could have been a combined side efforts of many trying to adopt this type of weight-loss program :crazy so you are not the only one to hold responsible for, enna naa sollardhu sariya?

-Uma

7. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Srini,

Are you skipping now.......

The page is shaking & not loading properly. :)

This is Superstitiously Coincidence & Coincidentally Superstitious.

Best is to change to British Standards, you might be just called chubby.

Great humour.

8. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

Gosh, this is really funny... I cant stop laughing :rotfl

Absolutely coincidence only!!!

9. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Ha Ha Ha.. You made me laugh for a long time...:biglaugh:biglaugh
    I really dont know whether it is superstitious or coincidence.. But it was funny...:rotfl

10. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

:rotfl :rotflThis is not fair at all Sri. You made me choke on my cup of tea first thing in the morning ha..ha..ha! When I read that you started on the rope, the first thing that occured to me was "Imagine if I did that! Bhookamp only". And as I continued reading, you suggested the same thing and could not help bursting into laughter. Ayyo kadavuley......you are too funny. Nice one to start off the day. But I have to give you full credit for starting out on the jumping rope. Naan try panna it feels funny everywhere. My stomach and hip area ellam keeps jumping along with me and it is uncomfortable :). Intha vayasu kaalathhiley I am not trying all that. Please koncham gentle aa jump pannunga :).