1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Is there something called rejection letter after not selected in H1b lottery?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by Swasthis, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Swasthis

Swasthis New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I applied for H4 to H1 during April 2014 via a consultancy and unfortunately it was not selected in the lottery. The consultant called me up and told that they have received the rejection letter for my application and I have to pay $xxxx so that they can mail me the rejection letter.

My doubt here is, is there something called rejection letter if ur application is not selected in lottery and is tht very important tht it has to be submitted if we again apply for H4 to H1 during next year ? Because, I have heard only abt the rejection letter sent for applications which are not selected during processing/rejected during visa interview and not for applications rejected in lottery. Please help.

P.S: Not sure whether I am posting in appropriate forum. Mods...Pls help to move the thread to the correct forum..

2. Sandy23

Sandy23 Senior IL'ite

As per Lottery selection process, if you are not selected in the lottery,the employer will receive the package which was sent by them to USCIS earlier.There is no such rejection letter without lottery selection.

3. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Rejection letters are sent out only when your application was selected in the lottery but rejected during the adjudication process. Like the other poster said, if you application was not selected in the lottery, the package would be returned. BTW, if your application was not selected in the lottery, it should have been returned months back. To me it looks like it was a rejected case. Not sure if you would need to carry it for future visa interviews though.

4. Swasthis

Swasthis New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your replies Sandy and Ramya...

I will recheck with the consultant...