1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is there life after delivery?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Feb 1, 2015.

1. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa ! I have read that particular message before and let it ruminate in my head and I had enjoyed the thoughts !!!

Thanx for reviving them once again!

I cannot write about my thoughts as beautifully as you've done about your thoughts!!

So I just wanted to relate another similar piece of wisdom that I heard from a young 21 year old guy who was travelling with me from Puttaparti recently - he had heard it from one of the Sai devotees!

Do we dream? When we dream we have so many characters, each character wears a particular dress, has a particular face (familiar or unfamiliar), each character does some action, things happen to each person, situations develop - but in each character is only YOU and nothing but YOU - YOU are the consciousness of each character - but is the dream REAL after you wake up ? Are the characters, situations, actions real?

No - each of that character, situations was a figment of your imagination - it was pervaded with your consciousness !

Now can we imagine that God is dreaming? We are in HIS dream! That's why it is MAYA! It is not real! All that is happening to us is in HIS imagination! Thats why HE pervades every atom of the Creation ! When the dream gets over, nothing will matter!

Thyagarajan, anukarsha and Viswamitra like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vidyalakshmi,

Thank you for your first response. I remember your feedback earlier about NO WHERE becomes NOW HERE. You are too kind praising for my post and all praise should go to the Lord and battery of saints who were born earlier to guide us to the principle of right living. I am truly humbled by your kind words.

Viswa

Thyagarajan and vidhyalakshmid like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear MSM,

Thank you for your quick response and appreciation. I bow before the Lord to help me stay and continue to be worthy of your kind appreciation.

Viswa

4. Viswamitra

Dear Mathi,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. It looks like I caught you in the midst of a very emotional encounter with your loving son. I am delighted to note how involved you are when you read a book to your son and that would make your son a wonderful human being. It is indeed a great honor to be a mother with unconditional love for her children. Mother is not only the entrance door for the house called life but is also a teacher inculcating important values in life.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Vijiakka,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and your response to this post. It is natural for each one of us to look for something that makes us happy and Sabitha is a human explorer of nature. She is like a search engine such as an Internet explorer and as she gets key thoughts in her mind, she can weave that into a wonderful post.

We are here to learn how not to be born again and the experiences and knowledge we get in the world should make us a better human being filled with unconditional love. We have to learn to handle pleasure and pain equally and endure the Karma to keep purifying the holy spirit in us. The Grace of the Lord helps us 100 times more if we make an effort towards right living.

Actually, God is full of mercy and love for His creations and it is our own actions that creates the consequences in life. However, He melts in love that human being has for Him and has the ability to reduce the sufferings of the human beings at his Will.

Actually your response is wonderful. You are very kind to think that this post is worthy of your nomination. I am very humbled.

Viswa

Thyagarajan, anukarsha and iyerviji like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Dear Kamalji,

Thank you for your response and kind appreciation. It is the Facebook page post that triggered me to compare the perception of life after delivery with life after death.

Your sense of humor is unparalleled. So parents may have to agree to those terms and conditions about not sending them to school and allowing them to drink Pepsi before they agree to be born in this world. So funny!

Your last paragraph said it all about right living. When your thoughts are weaved in those lines, you don't need to read scriptures and don't have to worship God.

Viswa

Thyagarajan and anukarsha like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Srinivasan:

Thank you for your kind words and in fact, I consider your visit to my posts as blessings from you. Nowadays, Vanaprasthashram is difficult to do as the world is changing too much. However, being a Grahastha, we can lead a detached life after fulfilling our duties. When we have that determination and make that effort, the Lord showers His grace upon us.

Viswa

8. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Jayasala,

Two years back, we went through studying the Teachings of Veda Vyasya's Bhagavatham and Adi Sankara's "Vivekachudamani" and one of the devotees here in Florida was kind enough to translate the Sanskrit verses into English for the understanding of people like me. Now, I am intensely familiar with the sufferings that a fetus go through in the womb and how it feels about the cycle of birth and death. I am aware that the fetus' wisdom that it is truly immortal is lost the moment it is born overwhelmed by the maya resulting in dwelling in dualism throughout life.

I look at the spiritual development as the steps towards right living more than becoming knowledgeable. Self development is the real goal in making spiritual progression. If the world is the perception of our mind, taming that mind to see the reality becomes our duty and responsibility.

I believe forgetfulness is a gift that the Lord bestows on us only for us to make a fresh start so that we are not overwhelmed by the knowledge of Karma and the consequences we are about to face. If we become knowledgeable, the human mind would analyze the way out forever not letting us to perform actions in this world. Forgetfulness to the Consciousness is a journey in every life and the reset button is pressed by the Lord to give us Forgetfulness only for our own good.

If our determination can break the Maya to understand and experience the Reality, I am sure we would develop the Will Power to overcome the ordeal of feeling "I" and "Mine". In fact, the steps towards experiencing Reality is embedded with destroying the ego and the attachments.

Viswa

9. Viswamitra

Dear Vani,

Thank you for your response. Well, what can I say in response to your kind words of appreciation? Let your words be a tonic for me to remain balanced without any ego and worthy of your appreciation. I am humbled.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Dear Balajee,

Thank you for your response. Your sense of humor is contagious. My knowledge about either subject is very limited. You provided me the most meaningful response to my distorted collection of thoughts. Eventually, what defines and sustains us in the art of right living is our own discipline to perform our duties both to the family and whatever professional work we choose to pursue to make a living. I love your considering that as umbilical cords as there has to be moderation in our feeling good or bad as part of performing our duties. If we have the stick of discipline in our hand, walking that tight rope becomes a piece of cake. After all, right living is all about developing good thoughts, words and actions, performing our duties skillfully, selflessly and lovingly, develop moderation in our desires and attachments, and learn to endure pleasure and pain with equanimity.

Viswa

Viswa