Is there life after death

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sillygurl, Jun 16, 2010.

1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Much as I love my deceased relatives and would give anything to be able to spend a few moments more with them, I think I would exactly start doing this if I ever encountered one of them or much less, got an e-mail from them! :shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking:

2. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

I wonder what is stopping dead people from sending email now. Are they still laying fibre optic cable between heaven and earth and it will take another 50 years? Everyone on earth wants to go to heaven and the bloody place does not even have internet? LOL

3. Vidya21

Vidya21 Senior IL'ite

:biglaugh:biglaugh!!

The Mesopotamians got it all right 4000 years ago in their Epic of Gilgamesh. Siduri breaks the bubble about afterlife and tells Gilgamesh to go home and party, for there is nothing after death. LOL.

And we're still struggling with the concept in 2010AD! :biglaugh

--
    She (Siduri) answered,
    'Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to?
    You will never find the life for which you are looking.
    When the gods created man
    they allotted to him death,
    but life they retained in their own keeping.

As for you, Gilgamesh,
    fill your belly with good things;
    day and night, night and day, dance and be merry,
    feast and rejoice.
    Let your clothes be fresh,
    bathe yourself in water,
    cherish the little child that holds your hand,
    and make your wife happy in your embrace;
    for this too is the lot of man.'
    --

:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

4. IndainDad

IndainDad New IL'ite

Does that mean I won't be able browse through 'Marriage, Spouse & In-laws' section on IndusLadies.com in heaven? Madam, please say it ain't so!!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

No, you wont be able to browse that, but you will get special permission to still see your Mod Comments box.

6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You do realize that Scientology is not even recognized as a religion in much of the civilized world and that it was convicted of fraud in France last year.

7. IndainDad

IndainDad New IL'ite

Scientology?? I have two words: Tom Cruise! I REST MY CASE:rotfl:rotfl

8. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Phew !! Somebody finally said something. :rotfl I was really holding my tongue on Scientology.

Has anyone read the scientology mythology? I mean all religions have their share of bs but scientology tops them all by a million miles. Xenu came to earth 75 million years ago with billions of people in some aircraft, lined them up around volcanoes and killed them with H bombs? And they talk about some Operation Thetan stuff 4 quadrillion years ago. 4 quadrillion? Even if George Lucas and Steven Spielberg did every possible drug Keith Richards and Ozzy Osborne have done, they cannot come up with a better fiction than that :rotfl

Well as for the fraud conviction, that is not a sole criterion to dismiss it as a non-religion. After all, there are certain other religions have been practicing sodomy and pedophilia on minor children for atleast a thousand plus years and were charged in hundreds of child molestation cases. If these said religion were an individual or corporate entity, they would have been convicted and put out of business a long time ago.

9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I tried not to say anything but it was simply too much for me to take. :)

As for the fraud part, I wasn't trying to say that Scientology is not a religion because it was convicted of fraud. It was meant as an extra bit of information for rosegirl and through her, hopefully, for her poor friend who is trying to channel her inner dinosaur.

The crucial difference between Scientology and any other organized religion is that if you walked up to a follower of any normal (and I use the term loosely!) religion and told them that you are interested in joining them, they would sit you down, quote their scriptures and lay bare their entire doctrine in the hopes of impressing you. If you walked into a Scientology center and asked the same thing, you won't even get to see a brochure without first forking out some cold hard cash. You just have to buy their BS once and they will latch onto you like leeches and not let go until they have destroyed you.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  10. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

I do believe in life after death. Th major religions seem to agree on this, as well. Please refer to the following books
    1) Many Lives Many Masters by Dr Brian Weiss
    2) Laws of the Spirit World

Raji