Is there life after death

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sillygurl, Jun 16, 2010.

1. sillygurl

sillygurl Senior IL'ite

Have you ever thought about what happens once we die? Where do we go? Is there such thing like heaven or hell?

Has anyone had a near death experience ? What kinda feelings did you have then?

2. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

First of all one has to establish who it is that dies. The mind-ego-thought complex housed in the body vanishes on death. If anything is left, that would have been there before birth. That would continue as it did did before birth unless residual Karma leads to a rebirth.

Arunadhri

3. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Nothing happens once you die. You won't know the difference is probably what happens after you die and you will decompose just like the billions of humans who have come and gone off the face of the earth. Have you gotten any phone call, email, text, postcard or video text from anyone who has been dead before? Then it is safe to assume hell and heaven are imaginary destinations LOL

Near death experience? Hmm no, not really and nor do I want to have one to find out how it feels. I plan on enjoying my stay on earth as long as it lasts without seeking answers for existence of imaginary and non existent after life destinations.

4. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hi sillygurl,

Yes I do believe and our Christianity teaches that there is life after death and it is eternal...
    After death the soul leaves one's body and it lives eternal...
    Body attains a deep sleep and gets decayed..
    In eternity ones soul lives in hell or heaven is determined by the way one lives in this life...

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I know of people in my family who very strongly believe in it and try to research on the topics to understand it better.

I dont know personally, and dont have the time to research beyond saying I dont know.

6. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

You cannot do research on non existent things, Spidey. I know majority of people in the world believe there is an after life destination, thanks to organized religion. You thought India and China are crowded?...just wait till you get to this alleged after life destination which has a 100 billion people LOL

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Hinduism says "Rebirth" so you are reborn in some form. Now thats the Hindu philosophy, but I go with I dont know.

8. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Many religions peddle various things about rebirth and life after death to retain their customer base but unfortunately none of them have ever proved any of it and nor do they have specimens to testify their claims so I safely assume things without proof are non existent and imaginary.

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I dont want to make such assumptions.

If we dont know something, IMO it is better to say Dont know, rather than say it does not exist. It is fully possible there exists things we dont comprehend or have proof for. Fair enough, we dont know.

My take, :my2cents

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  10. shobana sridhar

shobana sridhar Silver IL'ite

only our body dies and the soul goes to another body acoording to the karma we have done
    it is beleived that we are born with the vasanas of our previous birth