1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any meaning to our dreams??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Surya, May 26, 2006.

1. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Dreams!!

hi all,

what do u think abt dreams? is there any meaning to our dreams?

today afternoon i was lying on my sofa and slowly i went asleep.

then i was trying to getup, but i couldn't....i couldn't even move....

i was not even able to open my eyes.....something was pushing me to sleep...

i was trying and trying...finally i got up but still my body was lying in the sofa..

and it was only my soul that got up from the sofa...at that time i was thinking it

is bcoz of some negative sakthi...then again i(mysoul) got into my body....

i was saying some slokas and my lips murmuring "om namo narayanah"

then i woke up....and confused bcoz i felt it as it happened to me really....

do u people know what is the meaning of this dream? iam scared and confused
    after this dream!! any suggestions....pls help...

regards,
    surya.

Last edited: May 26, 2006

2. gayathriraghu

gayathriraghu New IL'ite

Dreams

Surya,

I have also had exactly same dream while I slept in the afternoons.(about 3 to 4 years back) You were saying prayers but my mind did not command me to do that also. Forcefully I had to push myself from bed so that I fall down and wake up. This has happened to me many times. We were in Saudi Arabia that time. I always thought that there is something around me (like evil) which is forcing me not to wake up. After some detailed discussion with my husband, we concluded that it might be due to heavy pressure of work we are doing at home and lack of proper sleep that forces us this way. Now after seeing your posting, I am scared now as to really what happened to me...Senior ILs and friends may please help us out.

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

From my limited knowledge.......

Dear Surya & Gayathri,
    In energy classes we say that a big block gets released if such things are experienced. That means some mental or physical pressure in the subconscious mind has got released. That is very good. But it is experienced so well, only rarely.
    Unknowingly ( to you), your mind & body have moved to a more positive realm. There is nothing to fear about !
    These are involuntary & hence thank God for getting rid of some extraneous force from your system !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    I too have felt this many times...i guess what Chitra says seems plausble explanation. Another one i have heard is of the soul going from the body , maybe visiting some other soul...ha ha....:confused: ....and since we are gaining consciousness, it is landing into us with a THUD! On the whole it is nothing to worry , since it is not under our control.....so ladies just relax ! Maybe we all have some enlightened souls!
    If you start reading all these we end up getting more confused since there are no proven theories!

Just sharing a few of my thoughts!

5. Shanthi

Shanthi Silver IL'ite

Wow, Thanks Chitra Madam for your explanation.

I've had that sort of dream before. I try to get up but I am being pushed down and when I finally stop to resist I feel so very peaceful. You have explained it very clearly.

6. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Thank you for your explanation.

After reading your explanation I feel very relaxed.

Now there is no confusion or fear. I’m very peaceful now.

Once again thank you.

regards,
    surya.

7. gayathriraghu

gayathriraghu New IL'ite

Dreams

Thank you very much Chitra and all others who have replied to this long time fear of mine. I was really thinking that something is basically wrong with me. I am relieved now. I like that positive view of Mrs Chitra.
    Thank you so much once again.