1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any love in my relationship with my husband ??.....if this statement is true

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pingme, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Re: Is there any love in my relationship with my husband ??.....if this statement is

pingme,
    You dont have issues. Full stop. Congrats to you and your DH and best wishes.

Now, get onto helping other posters in IL without wasting time on your imaginary problem :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
    2 people like this.
  2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Re: Is there any love in my relationship with my husband ??.....if this statement is

Ok my parents never raised voice at each other... battle were one with tears and hugs - they're doing well.

Me n DH seldom fought prior to kids on few basic issues of married life - we did fine and kept sailing... 3+ yrs.. we kissed and made best out of those days :).

Then came pregnancy & kids & more inlaw nonsense in name of support and we had 1-2 volcanic FIGHTS or either kept shut or swept things under the carpet.. - things are not normal anymore still sailing.

So I guess these are phases & you're yet to live many more years together.. how it goes by depends on how much you opine with your DH... and how your harmones and Aged one's harmones break havock.

3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

The title you gave for this topic was so alarming.. Glad you are not into any real trouble doubting 'if there is any love in your relationship with your husband?'
    U know the answer to your question. :)

Fighting or not fighting cannot be the yard stick for love.. may be the issues they fight for, the way they carry their fight.. and ofcourse the way they bring that fight to an end - everything together may strengthen or weaken love.

In movies, Couples that argue a lot end up falling in love. Other than that, the possible interpretations for the quote you mentioned.. like to demonstrate love one should fight a lot .. or if one fights a lot, he/she can feel good that their love bond is getting stronger or vice versa.. are not sitting well with me.. :rotfl

Anyways, Happy for you!:thumbsup

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  4. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Pingme!! I and my husband are just like you guys. Our arguments never lasts more than 10 mins. But that doesn't mean we're not in love. I love him so much. He is a wonderful guy who gives importance to his wife.

I don't get why someone is saying "Your husband is too meek, I guess, because no man will give up so easily especially when they argue with wife". Does she want her husband to control her?

I think you are just fine. You are lucky to get a guy who values your opinion and doesn't argue/fight with you.

Take care!

5. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Sounds like you guys are an easy going couple, so has to do with your personalities:). Very cool.

6. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

There are 2 things here...

# Either you both really have an ideal and understanding relationship ...where there is absolutely no disagreements or fights whatsoever - which is absolutely wonderful

OR

# You dont fight because you cannot be bothered abt differences and are indifferent to each other.. and let go of it ...thinking it is better to walk away than to fight. - which is unhealthy for a relationship...
    a healthy relationship requires skills to overcome any areas of conflict ...one has to assert opinions and negotiate differences.... otherwise it will become too predictable and boring..which is a sure recipe for disaster.

You have to decide which category your marriage falls into...