1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a mixie/food processor with all attachments? Is it better to buy separate?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Nithya001, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Nithya001

Nithya001 Bronze IL'ite

Is there any good mixer/grinder/blender all in one, which can be used for all sorts of chutneys/dal-rice batters/smoothies/ also for chopping?

Do we get something that can work in India as well as US(just in case DH decides to relocate again!!)

Should I buy food processor separately and mixer/grinder separate? I also want something that will make dough and also a hand blender for cake/cookie batter. Which one would you suggest.

Please suggest good brands of small kitchen appliances which will last long(it will be good if they are multivoltage kind for US use as well! I heard they are making such now). I do not want to buy a heavy unmanageable food processor, but a handy one that will assist me when cooking for many people.

2. sunny2009

sunny2009 New IL'ite

Re: Is there a mixie/food processor with all attachments? Is it better to buy separat

I'm using Phillips Juicer,mixer.grinder and food processor all in one with 5 jars.HL 1659
    Its very useful and I cant cook without it.

3. Nithya001

Nithya001 Bronze IL'ite

4. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Re: Is there a mixie/food processor with all attachments? Is it better to buy separat

Hi Nithya,
    I feel Idli/dosa batter comes best with a wet grinder only. Since there are only 2 of you, I think a good kitchen knife will do the trick. You can invest in a good hand blender with attachements for juicer/churning, etc and a separate chutney attachment. I have unova, and so far no complaints. I use the chutney jar to make coconut paste for 4 people.

If you are really keen on getting an FP, I would recommend Inalsa, as it has an attachment for grating coconut.
    And I would suggest to go easy, and purchase one item at a time.