1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is the real beauty of indian woman lies in saree??????

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ahilaiyer, Jul 9, 2009.

1. ahilaiyer

ahilaiyer Junior IL'ite

Dear ILites,
    Beauty is in the eye of beholder is the common quote which we are hearing always….. Rite…..
    Here Is the real beauty of Indian woman lies in saree???. Do you agree with me?
    Let’s us see the truth of the same
    Here the view is one and only truly written from the heart. Hope u agree and encourage my thoughts
    Indian sarees are considered as the best outfit for woman. The sarees evnthough it covers from neck to toe. Still the structure and physique of the woman is well defined in saree only. Really amazing look…………………
    Age no bar for sarees. Sarees suit all the people covers, young, old, older woman.It really expresses the real beauty of the woman. There are different variety of saree which includes
    in south we have kancheepuram silk, dharmavaram saree, mysore silk saree, kerala cotton saree, normal cotton saree, kadar saree and so on.
    In west side we have bandhani, embroidery saree, patola, gadwall,etc
    In north India we have banaras silk, kota saree etc
    In east India we have baluchari saree, Calcutta sarees, simple designer work saree etc
    Even if you visit temples like madurai, kanyakumari you can feel the beauty of saree even in the goddess deity which is decorated with saree itself. That much respect a saree has!!!!!!!!
    Wearing Saree is an art. There are different ways of wearing saree. Each state has their own style of wearing saree.Saree is simple one, but expresses the grace, elegance of beauty of the wearer.
    Ultimately whichever clothing we are wearing, we should be comfortable, People who sees us should be comfortable. People may wear mini skrits, churidhar, trousers, jeans, T-shirits etc…………………..
    But none of them can replace beauty of saree for the Indian woman,
    I am also a working woman; I am also not having enough time to wear sareeeeee for office. But still any function, any celebration at home as well as office,whenever we go out shopping etc I wear saree preferably silk saree with full border and full pattu thalapu and agalamana border kancheevaram saree…………..
    I have got more compliments for the saree rather than that of my other dresses…………
    Is it true in your case alsooooooo ….. Let’s share Ur experience as welllll…
    Come on,……………………………..Why are you waiting forrrrrrrrrrrrreer
    :thankyou2:
    Regards
    Ahilaiyer

2. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

I definitely agree with you that as sari is part of our culture we seem to be liking the same. It really gives a differnt charming appearance for the person if adorned well .But many may differ from this opinion as many are turning to easy to wear dresses ,instead of draping the 5 meters sari. But come any occasion sari gives a definitely different look and it adds to the beauty and whenever I am in Madurai I go on a shopping spree to buy the same. :)

3. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ahilaiyer,

In my day to day life, I do not wear Sarees at all. If I wear Sarees-then it is one of those rare occassions. But I have this strange habit of buying Sarees.
    BUT Whenever I travel abroad, I wear a Saree most of the time,-this gives a distinct look-also it feels nice to be the ambassador/representative of our own culture in a foreign land.

Regards,
    "HAPPY"

4. mayuri_sureja

mayuri_sureja New IL'ite

Hi Ahilaiyer

Daily i used to wear dress n Jeans bt at any occation or festival i must wear saree at that time i got more compliment from not only from my husband bt also from my whole family n friends....

n Specially looking good in Bandhni n all chatari n jardoshi work Saree...........

n in bollywood also when actress wear saree at award function that some times look so beautiful.......Its fashion is evergreen............

5. mayuri_sureja

mayuri_sureja New IL'ite

Conti.........

i wann to add something more

now a days we saw that in most of the news channel lady news reader hv wear a official jaket n in early days on Durdarshan one lady reader come she used to wear flower behind her ear n beautifully wraped saree n looking beautyful n professional too............

Isn't it?

Regards
    Mayuri

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

You are right, ahila, Indian woman's beauty is in her sarees..India means sarees, right!
    I still wear sarees here in US, it is still appreciated by many here..

sriniketan

7. Deepakannan

Deepakannan New IL'ite

I am interested in Painting-including Tanjore painting. You can see my paintings at Blog at 'E'-SWARA

'E'-SWARA
    I am a commerce graduate and also compleated AICWA(Inter) .Now concentrating on painting.
    Deepakannan

8. Ranis

Ranis New IL'ite

Very nice explanation about wearing a saree.

Several tips

9. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai

Really sari is the best outfit for ladies. What ever is your body size, there are different sari varieties, to project you better. It gives comfort and elegance and sari gives a special respect to the person wearing it.

My vote goes for sari.

andal

10. ahilaiyer

ahilaiyer Junior IL'ite

dear manchitra

thanks for ur comments