Is that safe using microwave while pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by goldenrose, Oct 25, 2011.

1. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

Hi ILS

Is that safe using microwave while pregnant. One of my friend told it will effect the babies interaction capacity. The interaction capacity will be slow/delay. Is that true. we in abroad, frequently uses ( minimum 5-6 times ) a day. Without using microwave we cant survey here.

Please ladies, Give me the proper info, May be my friend thought was wrong.

IF that statement is true i would like to aware of the pregnancy ladies who are here

2. curiousgal

curiousgal Bronze IL'ite

Old microwaves or damaged microwaves "might" cause radiation leaks which might harm the baby.
    However, you can safely use the microwave even while pregnant. And here is how you do it?

After you place the container to warm your food in the microwave and turn it on, move far away from the microwave and get back when done

This is what I was advised to do. I'm pregnant with my second, I use the microwave, but still follow this rule.

So just remember, when the microwave is on, move to the other end of the room and get back when done.

Have a safe delivery!

3. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Well, even I read the same. How ever, I used to warm food in a contained on stove itself.

When ever I can not avoid like in office ( hardly 3 to 4 times for whole pregnanacy), I used to stand far from it.

How ever, I strictly did not eat any micro wave food for first 3 months.

First 3 months are most crucial.

Take care,
    sweety

4. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

thank u CG and sweety.

This is the place i will get all the clarification. :). I try to avoid as much as possible.

I should thank a friend who introduced this site, I can get A-Z info from here.

Thank u all Ils

5. VenkatAkila

VenkatAkila Bronze IL'ite

hi all

thanks for the information...........it helps lots of people to be aware of the fact....

6. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

ya even my doctor suggested this... she told me stand far away from microwave when it is in use... it has harmfull radiation which affects the baby's health...

7. meenarjun

meenarjun New IL'ite

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:ApplyBreakingRules/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> எச்சரிக்கை : மைக்ரோ ஒவன் பயன்படுத்துபவரா?

கர்ப்பிணி பெண்கள் மைக்ரோவேவ் ஓவன், ஹேர் டிரையர் மற்றும் வேக்கம் கிளீனர் ஆகிய சாதனங்களுக்கு அருகில் நீண்ட நேரம் இருந்தால் குழந்தைகளுக்கு ஆஸ்துமா வர வாய்ப்பு அதிகம் என ஆய்வு முடிவு தெரிவிக்கிறது. அமெரிக்க ஆராய்ச்சியாளர்கள் குழந்தைகளிடம் ஆஸ்துமா நோய்க்கான காரணங்கள் குறித்து ஆய்வு செய்தனர். மைக்ரோவேவ் ஓவன், ஹேர் டிரையர் மற்றும் வேக்கம் கிளீனர் உள்ளிட்ட மின்காந்த சக்தி (மைக்ரோவேவ்) அதிகம் உள்ள கருவிகளின் பயன்பாடு பற்றி பல கர்ப்பிணிகளிடம் கருத்து கேட்டனர். பின்னர் அவர்களுக்கு பிறந்த குழந்தைகளின் மருத்துவ விவரங்களை தொடர்ந்து பதிவு செய்து வந்தனர். 13 ஆண்டுகள் கழித்து அந்த குழந்தைகளுக்கு ஆஸ்துமா வருவதற்கான அறிகுறிகள் பற்றி ஆராய்ந்தனர். மின்காந்த கருவிகளை குறைவாக பயன்படுத்தியவர்களைவிட, அதிக நேரம் பயன்படுத்திய கர்ப்பிணிகளின் குழந்தைகளுக்கு ஆஸ்துமா வாய்ப்பு 3 மடங்கு அதிகமாக இருந்தது தெரியவந்தது.

கர்ப்பிணிகள் மின்காந்த கருவிகளின் பயன்பாட்டை குறைத்துக் கொள்வது அவசியம் என்பதை இந்த ஆய்வு வலியுறுத்துகிறது. அத்துடன், அவை இயங்கும்போது அருகில் இருப்பதையும் தவிர்க்க வேண்டும். இதன்மூலம், குழந்தைகளுக்கு ஆஸ்துமா வருவதை தடுக்க முடியும் என ஆய்வுக் குழுவின் தலைவர் தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.