Is spouse entry must for applying of minor passport in india?

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by Afreenn04, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Afreenn04

Afreenn04 New IL'ite

Hii everyone,
    i need a advice regarding the issue of applying the passport of minor in india. as i came india for my delivery from uk which is due on dec 6. and i need to apply for passport of my baby as soon as birth certificate comes. but the issue is i dont have spouse entry on my passport nor my husband have on his. so is it necessary to have a spouse entry on passport if m appllying for my baby's passport??? if yes then i will be issuing new booklet of passport and my passport number will be changed and i even have my uk visa on it. m just confused. do anyone have any iformation regarding this spouse entry for passport? or just the marraige certificate or spouse presence/consent is enough for application of baby's passport?
    iF anyone gone through this situation plz reply.

2. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

We had the same case two years back...none of us had each other's name in passport. We have got DDs passport without any issue. but had to go for police verification with 8 month old kid (we both went..they asked us explicitly to come together with baby , i guess it was because our name is not present in each other's passport, though heard police verification for kids less than 2 years is not required)
    If you and your husband both will be there, should not be any issue.

3. Afreenn04

Afreenn04 New IL'ite

thanks for ur reply..!
    and what if me alone present at the time of application of baby passport. my husband will b staying for a month after delivery as all depend on birth certificate how much time it takes, hopefully comes soon.IA. iF me alone present at the time of application is there the chance that they say to enter a spouse name on my passport as well?

4. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Then no idea...I guess it is mandat to present both parents and if one of them is in abroad then affidavit attested by indian embassy needs to be submitted. you can get detail and format of the affidavit in site. Not sure in which city you are, but in Pune birth certi takes around 2 weeks. If you husband have less time , will suggest you for tatkal passport to avoid any issue because of his absence.

5. Afreenn04

Afreenn04 New IL'ite

thx again. m in hyd