1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Is some one live near fort lauderdale area

Discussion in 'Indians in Miami' started by shivangi B, Feb 15, 2010.

1. needfriends

needfriends New IL'ite

Anyone near fort lauderdale area

Hey girls,

I will be moving to Ft. Lauderdale area next month and won't know anyone there. This seems like a good site to find Indians there. How far are you from Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks!

2. Jini1981

Jini1981 New IL'ite

Hi needfriends,

I stay in coral springs, it is about 20 minutes from fort lauderdale. Let me know if you need any help. Hope to hear from you soon.

Bye
    Jini

3. needfriends

needfriends New IL'ite

Hey Jini,

Thanks for replying so fast. I will be in Plantation next month, moving from DC area with family. How is the Desi scene in Ft. Lauderdale area? By looking at the pix of the Hindu temple in Southwest Ranches, I am guessing that there will be a lot of Indians. I am leaving a great circle of friends here and hoping that I will be able to make a few good friends there. Found out by reading your posts that you are working from home, will love to meet you once I am there. Lets be in touch.

4. Jini1981

Jini1981 New IL'ite

Hi needfriends,

Nice to hear from you too..thats great that you are moving to Plantation..in fact, we are looking to buy a house in Plantation and plan to move there soon..do you work or are a homemaker? I was working but am not currently as am expecting my first baby...there are a lot of Indians in Fort lauderdale but it is difficult to find a good social circle..I made another friend from indusladies as well..we meet frequently..you can join us too..would love to meet you once you are settled here...do keep in touch..bye..tc..

Jini

5. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Hi Jini,
    Remember me? we met in the TTC forum and the july 2011 club..
    How are you? Hows your pregnancy progressing? Hows your LO?
    Do visit the july club when u find time! we aer having lot of fun and discussions there..
    when is your due date?

6. Jini1981

Jini1981 New IL'ite

Hi chotabheem,

Nice to hear from you..ya I do remember you..my due date is in mid July..will surely visit the July club and join in..I was in India as my MIL expired all of a sudden but am back now and will try to join in..thanks..you have a great day..bye

7. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Oh Sorry Jini..
    Do take care..

8. needfriends

needfriends New IL'ite

Jini, congratulations on your pregnancy. It's great that you are looking for a house in Plantation that way I won't have to drive 20 mins to meet you;) I know it's a bit challenging to make new friends and create a social circle in a new area but we'll sure try..
    I have 4 yr old twins so I am not working yet but may go back to work this year since twins will be in school full time. I will leave for India shortly after I move to FL and will be back in August. By that time you would have delivered so probably get to see you then. I will email you my id so that we can talk off this board.

TC