1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is she the bully or am I overreacting ???Please help...

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Sep 10, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

My ex friend nowadays is trying to be nice and keep in touch with me.I feel so guilty
    avoiding her coz I feel like a bad person.Can You tell me if the below reasons are valid to cut someone's friendship??

Some of the reasons which upset me about her..

1) we went to a clothing store.I saw a lovely dress and wanted to buy it.for that, she was like "to wear that, u need a toned figure".I felt hurt.

2) When I buy some stuff and she does not like it,she makes faces.I do not even know if she realises it though.

3) she can give opinions but if I give opinions like for eg..a particular restaurant which is her favorite and I am not fond of it and If I comment I am not fond about their food,she gets little pissed off and she gets loud about it.

4) once we went out and ordered food.she was talking about her diet.I suddenly remembered about my cousin who did a crash diet and later gained all the weight back.I casually mentioned about it. for 4 to 5 weeks,she did not talk to me.I did not know why.When I asked her she blasted me and said I was being rude and sarcastic.I told her I seriously did not mean anything sarcastic but she kept insisting"NO!! U WERE RUDE!" and kept saying the same thing.Then I apologized profusely and only then she calmed down.

5)she had invited me to few occasions and due to certain valid reasons like hubby sickness,or mom travelling back to India (airport drop off) could not go.She had invited me to her DD bday which fell close to my due date. I was not sure and kept mentioning I may not make it.As luck would have it,I could not make it due to
    heavy motion sickness.she was sarcastic about it.Only after me clarifying it,she was back to normal.

6)when we go out, I buy something and she likes it too.I see a different color which was the one I actually wanted.In excitment I scream "wow! I found it".she grabs it and says"I will take it"

7) sometimes she gets moody for no reason.she abruptly becomes quite.I feel guilty if I did anything wrong.

8) Once she was pissed off with me in our yoga class and next time I saw her I said a hi. she turned her face off and started talking to others.when I called her alone and asked,she said last time I had asked her something and she had refused.so I had shrugged my shoulders.I did not even realise it.It had got her pissed off.So I apologized again.

9) Once I had told her that the next day we will meet up at the yoga class and I could not go coz I was sick.I forgot to tell her.she got mad and yelled in phone "this is not at all fair!!".then I clarified and she cooled down.

When I confronted her she says being point blank, loud and frank is her personality and that is who she is and all her other friends love her so much.I feel bad that maybe I am the one at fault,not being able to accept her for who she is .

I stopped contacting her totally. She keeps being nice and trying to keep friendship coz she was to go out with me.I am avoiding her .I do not know if I am overreacting or she is.If I am wrong,please do let me know.I do not want to lose a good friendship.

Also,to make things even better(?) my close relatives called me up to ask for her number.They wanted to enquire about some deals.I gave the number and they have been in contact with her ever since.She is now being very close to them and my relatives sing ONLY praises about her.I do not know what to do.

I feel insecure, little low and intimidated by her.I am not able to be free and who I am.If you feel I am in the wrong and need to change who I am to make friends,I will definetly accept...please help me.

2. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

You did nothing wrong, your friend enjoys controlling you.

I suggest you get "busy" with some very important activity and keep making this as an excuse not to see this ex-friend.

If someone gives you bad vibes walk away.

2 people like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thanks Chennai express..and u had rightly put..I get "uncomfortable" vibes and yeah feel like being controlled...

4. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

I think u r better off without her! If she has so mny frends who love her then ask her to hang out with them!! :coffee

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thanks for the reply weasly:)

6. MrsBV

MrsBV Gold IL'ite

your friend is dominating and controlling. Stay away from her so that you can get your confidence back. She sounds like someone who sings her own praises and believes she will get everything she wants when she throws tantrums. So she is nothing but an overgrown child so dont belittle yourself OP, you are not in the wrong. Never be in the company of people who make you loose your self-worth. Be among people who cherish you and love you for what you are and do not want to control your choices by calling themselves your good friend.

1 person likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

8. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Do you really need this nuisance in your life?

1 person likes this.
  9. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

who need so much drama in life. i would say AVOID her. she is no friend.

1 person likes this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thank Roar:)
    One line answer yet direct to the point:)