Is Progesterone tablets safe to take during pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Uma Shakthi, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Uma Shakthi

Uma Shakthi Senior IL'ite

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your support and guidance!

Since it is Kumbabishegam for temple in our native, we have planned to go:( I am not sure what to do......................

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

I agree it is a tough situation, but be firm and stay back in chennai.Its good for your health and for the LO.Me too have faced similar situations and missed few important marriages. In fact i had planned to accompany my DH in his business visit to US. We got all the tickets and booked for stay too.Finally i had to stay @ home :hide:.But think that it is for our goodness.be positive.Leave it to the almighty :cheers

3. Uma Shakthi

Thanks for your great supports. But not sure what to decide about travelling.......

Yesterday I had taken the Progesterone tablet vaginally and today morning, along with the normal white discharge, I am feeling some coarse particles... Is it due to the tablet?:hide:

4. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Uma,

When i used susten vaginally, i used to get a small layer of the capsule while urintaing in the morning.
    But its not coarse. It's just the small outer cover of the capsule.

5. Uma Shakthi

Thanks a lot. Actually it's not so coarse,but due to the absorption, the outer cover of the soft tablets might be coming out with discharge:bowdown

Also is it normal to have white (some what) thick discharge during these days?

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Uma,

Congrats on your positive HPT, may the next nine months see you healthy and happy, holding a bonny baby in the end, by God's Grace.

There are different vaginal supplements for Progesterone. If you are inserting the capsule, you should empty the bladder, lie down comfortably, insert the capsule as deep in as one finger can go. Lie down stil for atleast an hour and half. Yes, after that when one passes urine, there might be thick white discharge, coarse or slimy. This is either the cover of the capsule or at times, even the contents of the capsule, if it is not inserted properly. So, just make sure that you lie down without moving the pelvic area once the capsule is inserted.

Did not the nurse do one insertion and instruct you the first time? If not, ask her to do so. But, I guess if you follow the guidelines given in this thread, you will be fine.

Also, the capsule has the hormone suspended in gingelly or peanut oil. So, if you sense greasiness, or smell oil, it is okay.

If your gyne has advised progesterone, it is better not to travel and exert. There will be more Kumbhabhiskekams and then, God will come to you, if you cannot go to Him.

Goodluck, all will be well.

7. Uma Shakthi

Dear Vidhya,

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation.

Let me try to follow as per your points from today... You're right I felt a bit greasy today morning.......

BTW, Do you know any good gynaec in Chennai near Perungudi area?

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Uma,

Very glad that you found the tips useful. I took atleast a week to get the insertion right. Remember, that if not inserted right inside, there will be more discharge.

I do not know of good gynecs in Chennai. I will ask RajalakshmiGopal to answer that, since she knows these details well. She is a real resource person for all this. Goodluck, sweetie.

9. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Thanks for that Vidya! Iam here!!

I had progesterone supplements twice for 15 days and I second to Vidya on this.Cannot agree more.

Insert carefully in such a way that you wont end up in UTI.

Lifeline hospital is close to perungudi.So you can consult Dr.Uma Ramesh.In Adyar,Malr hospital Gynaecs are good.My pesonal preference is Dr.Geetha Haripriya of Chetpet as I have consulted her.

10. Uma Shakthi

Dear Both,

So Kind of you:hiya
    Surely your guidance is much helpful for me.... I will try it dears.

As of now I am consulting Dr Rukmini in Perungudi... (Anyway for my delivery I would go to my native and someone here are frightening me that this DR is not good:( so thinking of.......