1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

is premarital sex right?

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by anurajiv, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

As long as it is consensual, there is nothing wrong about it. Adults should make and take their own decisions. There is nothing pure or impure about having or not having sex before marriage. Its just a choice of individuals.

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  2. NandiniGG

NandiniGG Silver IL'ite

I think it depends with what intentions someone is doing it.
    If love is true and intentions are pure then i think its natural to happen in love by couple.
    But if its done for just physical satisfaction and later on cheat the partner then there is nothing worst than that.
    I think to be pure and clean what matters is what kind of person we are and what we think.Just because someone lose virginity doesn't make him/her sinner or a bad person.
    And people especially elders made so much taboo out of it so that kids will not do it as it can create a lot of complications if done before marriage or done by teenangers with half knowledge.
    It is best to avoid it before marriage to avoid compications but if someone has done it ..it doesn't make a person bad.Its okay.
    We are human beings with feelings and emotions.There are much more things in us than just virginity to be called a better person.

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  3. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

I never had sex before marriage but that never made me feel'pure' or 'clean' or superior to anyone else who has had premarital sex. I think its purely a matter of choice and mutual decision and not something as black and white as 'right' or 'wrong'. Whatever makes your boat float..I dont think its my business to know what someone else does in their bedroom

Ansuya likes this.
  4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

:):)

Yep, its a personal choice. You cannot say right or wrong - depends on person's opinion. After marriage, the expectation is to be faithful to your spouse.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010
  5. vidhkarthik

vidhkarthik Bronze IL'ite

Totally left to the individual's discretion. Of course....being a virgin on the day of marriage does not make anyone pristine pure and not does not being one makes way for "oh ram teri ganga maili ho gayee". Dont know why am reminded of this silly song when I hear words like pure and clean for virginity. :)

6. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

After all the horrors of x-compatibility issues & child bearing issues I would rather form an opinion to have sex & children b4 marriage so that they can be reared up in a conducive env & the future ILs can select you on basis of whether u bore a healthy / beautiful gal or boy :biglaugh!!!!!!!! And one can enjoy life as a couple and progress in job.

Ok now on a serious note.. I never had it b4 marriage partially becos of obvious social outcomes attached to it & also becos if I have easy access to this need then the marriage plans keep getting postponed until u find someone really compatible.. which is a myth....... but I had enuff frnds & cousins who did go out of the way.. infact when ur living in a huge hostel there are gals of all types... Personally to me they were no different or I never viewed them any different. Its their way of life nd I respect it.
    Also after spending a lot of time in delivery etc I really also feel x is highly overrated...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  7. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

LOL.....Shilpa, I think this is an entirely different topic all together....but a good laugh :)

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG] Wish I had said that.

9. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

I was just posting my opinion on another thread about "disclosing the salary etc to the spouse"..
    I said, there will be some defined personal space for each individual. Others MUST respect it.
    The so called DEFINITION must include the topic of this thread as well.
    So, its clearly personal choice when and how to have the personal relationship.
    But I do expect that my life partner MUST be always emotionally attached to me(and the vice-verse ). Sex is a trash to measure the individual PURITY..

10. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Who are we do decide this? We can just give our personal opinions on this matter and I am against it. I guess we already discussed this long back.. anyways.. My opinion has nothing to do with if one if pure or surf-white. It's just on'e convenience. I believe there is something that can be and should be done after committing with your partner. Also there are lot of complications if you are not in a committed relationship and want to fool around. What if you get knocked up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.