1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

is premarital sex right?

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by anurajiv, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

I am not sure I understand Spiderman. I think we are saying 2 different things here.

I am giving rationale against pm (better save up for the big event instead of spending at each passing fancy).

You seem to be talking about society's reaction.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

BeeAmma,

I understand the rationale you are giving (and personally I subscribe to that for myself).

I was just mentioning that there are some who think that people who have pm as not having moral character. Thats wrong, and I was pointing that out.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  3. parvathy80

parvathy80 New IL'ite

the thread is already heated up and now it is in room temperature so i felt just pour in my thoughts

here every one is in the opinion premarital sex is a thing in between two mature persons that is those two who indulges in the act

but what about the other mature persons who brought us to this world
    i know a lot of people who dont indulge in premarital sex just beacause of their respect and love for their parents

i am sure no parents either it is in east or west (variations due to the change in culture it is accepted but in mind they too) dont want their children have sex before marriage.

why people are not thinking they are cheating their parents, hurting their feelings by having pre marital sex

or they are thinking it is only a personal thing

i dont know whether people who telling premarital sex is just casual can think like that when they place their children in that scenario
    i

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

parvathy,
    First we are talking about consenting adults (albeit young adults) here, not teenagers.
    And we are talking Protected (safe) preMS - not some unsafe pregnancy risk.

Then it becomes the choice of the adults. They are at the age where they can choose based on pros and cons.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  5. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Parvathy,

I don't understand why we women always have this combo....daughter and lover, wife and daughter-in-law where one role affects the other....finally we end up saying WE ARE UNHAPPY.

I just felt like you before....that I should be sincere to my mom and never enjoyed anything in my love. Now my fiance is far away from me. Now I realize the value of LOVE and miss him badly. I didn't mean sex here. :bonk

Love is not at all bad...but still people disagree to this statement. Same way, pre-marital sex. For few, love and sex are the same. Opinions differ. What I want to say here is "Do not bring parents into this...we are all grown up adults."

6. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]IMO its not about cheating parents or anyone. I am not for Pre-marital sex . But I just feel making love is sweet thing . I thought it would be sweetest to do with a guy who mentally/legally/socially mine. I mean he is mine in all factors. So I am for it after marriage.

I mean even if my parents were very very very very very modern and would allow me.(they are very orthodox in fact :tongue) .. I would not go for it since my principles are not for it. Its not about what parents said or control etc. Its about us and how we take things.
    [/JUSTIFY]

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

And you are right, it is not about cheating parents or anyone. It is a choice you want to do or not, and it is yours to decide.

Like I said before, personally I chose to wait as well. But each person can choose based on their reasons and it is not wrong one way or another.

8. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Answer to this thread

Here ends the story.

9. gemini10

gemini10 New IL'ite

Having Premarital sex is completely a personal choice.
    But personally if you ask me, I term doing something as wrong whenever I try to hide that fact/truth from my parents or DH or both.
    If I don't have the guts to be frank about 'something', then I better don't do that 'something'

10. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

I fail to understand why you need to disclose whether you had premarital sex or not to your husband or parents. It is irrelevant information as far as your husband is concerned whether you had premarital sex or not. You were not in a committed relationship with your husband so it is of little relevance.
    As for parents... people don't go around telling their parents whether they had sex or not. That is way more information than they need to know LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.