1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

IS our Face the index of our mind?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Meenamohan, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Ours is a pretty happy family I should say... as we normally take things lighter and make a joke out of it. Esply me and my 2 DDs gang up and make fun of my DH ...

But yesterday things were different .... I was the victim

I asked my DH to collect the framed photos from the shop before 7 in the night. (he closes by 7 PM) When he came home it was 8 so I knew that he didnt collect the photo. He stood outside the house and started throwing up a nasty smile :mrgreen: & said ....

" hehehe :mrgreen: i went there but he closed earlier today "
    my reply 'dont lie you dont know to lie' and just left it.:evil:

He came in with the frame so I was :mrgreen: ... 'see i told you ... you are lying .... Meena the genius ...' with my collars up.

My first DD Vaiju was hearing this and said "amma dont lie you dont know to lie even " ..... oops hahahaha

Then they ganged up on me and I was the dinner yesterday ....

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

EXACTLY Meena dear.
    Face is the index of the heart and feels.Face is the moulds for minds enjoyment.
    Our thoughts, sentiments, modes and emotions produce their strong impressions on the face.In face, you can hardly hide your thoughts. You may foolishly think that you have kept up your thoughts in secret. Thoughts of lust, greed, jealousy, anger, revenge, hatred, etc., at once produce their deep impressions on your face. The face is a faithful recorder and a sensitive registering apparatus to register and record all the thoughts that are running in your mind.

The face is like an advertisement board wherein is advertised what is going on inside the mind.
    I think your Ad is not properly managed as Vaiju said.:biglaughToo many liars in a spot spoils the shooting billet..
    Better luck next time you rounded rani.

3. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Yashi !!! With your comments you are making me more rolly polly ... I am rolling and rolling :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I was wondering why Yashi is responding in a descent way didnt she get my name or what ... its like the jumping gym ... you took me to great height and dropped me down ...since smileys are there I am spared ... thanks for the lively comment

4. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Your Majesty.
    :idea Like to quote the last lines of your first snippet "one minute please"

And so as my reply.
    Now am in a mix-up muddiness if you are SO or NOT??????[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena,
    A nice experience you had and in avery humorous wy you have narrated the episode. Your kid is smart enough to read your face and utter the words.
    Face is the index of the mind' is an old proverb that has undergone a sea of change and in fact a metamorphosis in the modern world. It is true that your face reflects your mood. When you are happy or joyful, your face radiates it and your activities are induced by your happy mood, through your smiles or laughs and through your intention to share and celebrate your happy mood with others; when you are sad or feel sorry, your mood is reflected by your dullness and rigidity, through the outburst of tears that you shed, when you get isolated from the company of others and when you unusually resort to doping.
    In the modern world, due to various extraneous factors, which actually guide your mode of behavior, your face is not the index of your mind.This is my notion.
    with love
    pad

6. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Yashi ...
    ஏன் இந்த மயக்கம் .... சரோஜா I liked the smiley in that FB ...

7. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Dear Padminima,

Thanks for appreciating my style of writing and you have done a great analysis in the Good old Proverb. As you said it just looks simple with words but when you start reading the hidden meaning in it its enormous. Now in the techno world it has become the metamorphosis thats tru.

The so called modern world is making mankind deplish from its originality and we are all living with the face mask on us. I think many will agree your notion like me.

8. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Meena, so you became the dessert to the 3 of them !!!!

9. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

What else to do? I cant be escaping from them for along time know ... some day I will be a bali aadu too ... Thats one such day. :biglaugh