1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

is my son considered potty trained or not

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sknaaz, Mar 11, 2010.

1. sknaaz

sknaaz New IL'ite

hi frnds..
    my 2 yr 10 month old son requires no diapers since the age of 2.everytime he has to go poo or pee,he tells us and we help him sit in the toilet.later he calls me and i wash him with water.but i wonder how should i prepare him to handle cleaning himself when he goes to preschool.i myself hate wiping with tissues..:biglaughso i use water..but guess here i should teach him to wipe his bottom.any suggestions how u taught ur toddlers..please share ASAP as i am sending him to preschool.
    thank you for your time...
    regards
    naaz...

2. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

If you live in the US, there is no place in a bathroom here in preschools for him to wash himself! Everyone uses wipes. I would suggest that you let them use wipes and wash him well when he comes home.

Maybe someone else has better suggestions.

Raj

3. sknaaz

sknaaz New IL'ite

hi frnds...
    seems no one had similar problem as mine.anyways wil be putting DS in school soon.

4. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

You are not alone. Most people who use water for cleaning after potty, go through this situation, when the child starts going to school. DS1 is 5years old and is going to school. We make him use restroom (both peeing and pooping) as soon as he gets up, so that he doesn't have to use restroom anywhere outside for pooping. Since he goes only once a day, this really helps. But we have also taught him that if he goes outside, he will not get water for cleaning and he has to use toilet paper roll for cleaning. I wonder how he will manage if such a situation comes.

Are you sending your child for a full-time school OR just part-time. If it is part-time, train your child to finish the toilet business in the morning, before going to school. That solves all your problems.

Otherwise best would be to train the child at home to use wet paper napkins to wipe. Let the child try that first and then you clean with water. Do this exercise everyday at home, so the child has an idea of what to do, after the work is over. This is all that I can think of. Probably other ILites will come up with better suggestions.