1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is my marriage OVER ??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anika987, Sep 1, 2014.

1. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Newly wed eh?
    After 16 years of marriage...

DH- Coffee please!
    You - Kitchen is all yours, Make one for me too please
    DH - Makes coffee
    You - smilingly and one kiss on cheek for coffee!
    DH- Lunch, I will eat outside

19 people like this.
  2. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

agree with hrastro

2 people like this.
  3. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha not newly wed - 11+ years with a 10 yr old son :) - the thread i answered was also not newly wed !

But what you said might still happen if son at home or I'm working on my project :)
    On sunday it'll be DH - "Shall I make/get lunch from outside !!" :)

4 people like this.
  4. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

What I feel is that have some time for only both of you, go out for romantic dinner once a month where you both can have a chit chat...
    or
    plan a good weekend short trip to some hill station or resort and spend sometime together..
    or
    plan some party together at your home and call the friends over and have good time yourself so that you are occupied...

last thing is to give him some space and he will come up to you to talk when he seesyou are not talking much...

2 people like this.
  5. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

There is a sticky thread by a member HTP..it is a hearwarming post..you must read it..She has written that one fine day, she stopped looking for her H..she would devote time on herself, go for facials, enjoy a treat alone, go for a workout, etc. She did this to make her husband realize the fact that he is not indispensable to her existence and that she can manage well even if he is not paying rightful attention to her. If it worked for her then maybe, it can work for you as well. ATB

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. kanthtx

kanthtx Gold IL'ite

u sound immature in having fights just to talk to ur husband... sounds ridiculous...
    u could have just made some schedule and given to ur husband... for chatting? as u feel ur husband is not making time for u...

sounds weird that u have chosen this path, being a grown up...

7. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

This is a very common experience for any married couple. Somehow it loses charm having stayed married for a few years. Many of the solutions have no merit in their practicality. What is needed is bold innovative thinking and being daring enough to try out something new; which we are unfortunately not prepared for. My advice is do all you can under the circumstance you are in. There are rare chances for the marriage to regain its ecstatic intimacy. Or just accept the situation for what it is worth knowing very well you are not alone. And learn to be happy with your lot. Let's not waste our life!!

2 people like this.