1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is My Husband A Good Man Or Am I Overreacting??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anika987, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Now you sound like that Mami who makes her displeasure quite clearly known while claiming she won't say a word!

creativemind23 likes this.
  2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Any other way (of expressing), I know the ensuing effects of it (too much of a veteran here and can predict the trajectory), so radio silence better for now #kanithsMOworksbetter

vaidehi71 likes this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@anika987 - Girl, we don't take care of ourselves, look good, do things for the stupid dhs. We do it for ourselves. Stop doing everything for him. Start living for yourself a little.

Btw, no sex harbors resentment and resentment brings on no sex. I would say try some couples counseling. I hope there are no underlying health issues.

I do think late nights with friends are ok once in a while. You should go out with yours too. But from what you said, it sounds a bit much. It's going to be hard to change that though. I would probably schedule things with the kids over the weekend so there isn't too much time for friends.You described him as a hands on dad. Maybe do the weekend sports clubs, practice with kids etc. Then maybe there will be lesser time for friends.

Not doing things together, not going out together are all going to take time to
    change? Do you really want it? Hire a baby sitter, book a table, make him promise to not talk about mom or kids or whatever else makes it feel like a regular conversation. Tell him how much you want this. Do it for you. You steer clear of controversial topics. Talk about things you did talk about before the babies got it. Whatever you talk about, don't bring up kids, school, ghar Ka repair and other daily mundane things. First few times you will have to drag him by the ear but hopefully he will see the need to bond with you one on one. Maybe that will solve the intimacy problem too.

:)

SGBV, Bubbles, dc24 and 6 others like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    kaniths likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Wow..hubby once said the same
    Words..hmm
    laks,I have changed a lot actually.I do
    Not talk ill of inlaws nomore,I try to talk wat he likes etc..I kind of feel am taken for granted..

Initially he started going out for men's nights out once a month and came back by 11.then it became once a week and then after office hours.few months back he was laid off and then he started meeting them everyday. I also have to admit he meets them to study and update his skills and even he works hard at home.he is again going to join job very soon. So he says meeting them until then gives him relaxation but he goes everyday and comes home by 3 in the morning.he is getting angry if I ask him about this, he yells that since I don't have friends am Jealous of him.. Today had a huge fight again regarding this. He says once jobs starts he can't meet friends this often .

I know these friends and their wives.he has this gang and they meet often

6. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Obviously, I dont know him :)
    Same words he may have said - coz its the reality and I am usually grounded in it. Anyone who fights ground reality and refuses to accept it, really has odds hugely stacked against. And yes the minute a bigger problem/event in life happens (and unfortunately in real life it does happen sometime or other) - all the small things, we wont have time to worry. Idle mind is devils workshop.

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Whenever such issues crop up, there are only three alternatives:

• Try to change things, if you can. Believe me, it can be very tough, if not impossible. In which case,
    • Learn to accept things the way they are and try to make life as fun for yourself as possible. Find things to do that are fun for you. Make friends along the way. Sometimes there might not be any companionship in marriage, but genuine caring for each other might compensate for that.
    • Quit, which does not make sense when everything else is fine. There is no guarantee someone else you find later on is going to be better. They might be a lot worse. You stand to lose a lot.

dimhere, Rihana, MalStrom and 4 others like this.
  8. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Never expected such a practically non-applicable advice from a nice poster like Rihana.

Rihana, you always talk very sensibly and to the point. That is why I wanted to correct you.

Sitting along with the hubby and watching p-o-r-n either in tv or in his lap-top, is not something unknown. Many wives must be doing it. But, for this simultaneous p-o-r-n watching with husband to happen, the basic relationship between the couple should have been excellent. Only those couple, who spend lot of quality time together in activities like movie watching and shopping etc and have a very good mutual understanding and intimacy, reach the comfort level of sitting and watching **** together.

Here is a wife, who says, her husband does every thing other than connecting together, emotionally and physically. He does every thing possible to be away from her. His act of spending so much time alone in laptop itself is a means of keeping himself away from his wife. In such a situation, sitting with him and watching p-o-r-n with him is something unthinkable !

PRM575, Rihana, dc24 and 3 others like this.
  9. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Spending that much time outside till 1 am or 4 am , just spoils his health, lack of enough sleep means irritation. It is tough to break this as all his friends are like that. Do they meet at somebody's home. ? Ask h to plan in such a way as family get together , as Kidd can play, start early finish early. Because of kids they have to wind up .
    All wifes unite and say their health will spoil, by not following a good routine for food and sleep

Second ver less sex , as said by other friend here, resentment and no sex as a cycle.

Only those 2 r problems . How about kids don't they ask their father to take outside

As soon as possible take out of city vacation with family for 2 or 3 days . Simple ones and not sight seeing as big priority but relax in hotel , eat together etc

If possible take cruise vacation too, not with friends, h can't escape there, you get good chance to do things together, no worries of daily chores.

Please try for job which u asked suggestions in other thread. Not for money but to learn so many thing by meeting different people , different situations , it makes u strong. Which helps a lot in raising kids too. I want to tell that those volunteer sites I mentioned have so many opportunities , and taking something and doing gives u lot of satisfaction. I found Carchafire website is wonderful

If u think that in the past because of in laws etc reason , he now also purposefully wants to keep minimum interaction with you, then talk with him that that was past and if u can't explain well to him take help of a counsellor as suggested by another friend .

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    momsky and anika987 like this.
  10. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Anika...from what I see ur hubby seems to be non-confrontational.
    He chooses to stay away from an unpleasant /uncomfortable issue in the hope it just goes away. Not really uncommon. One of my girl-friends is exactly like that.
    Her Dh has an opinion for everything. Every little thing. Even simple walks with him ends up making her feel she is on a stand The problem is he doesn't get it. After years of being married to him she just now chooses to spend her time everywhere except with him . Re-evaluate the way u make him feel and ur conversations at home.

SGBV, creativemind23, Bubbles and 2 others like this.