1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is my baby really losing weight?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by satin, Jul 2, 2010.

1. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

My son is 10 weeks old.Sometimes if he does not feed well for 2 days in a row,I feel that he weighs less than what he weighed 2 days back,not by scale but I guess it when I carry him,also at this time I also feel that he looks less chubby and his thighs and arms looks think,am I overthinking or what?Should I really be concerned about it,is it really losing weight?I am so stressed out,he weighs 5 kg now.

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi Satin,

It is every mother's despair. Believe me, every mother thinks their newborn is not eating well.

Just keep his regular feeding routine, you and the baby will learn together. About his weight, I would suggest go for a regular checkup and get some peace of mind.

They have something known as growth spurts. It is very true. You can actually see your baby grow overnight

Here is some reading on growth spurts in babies:

Cluster Feedings a Sign of Baby Growth Spurt: Nursing Advice when Baby is Feeding Frequently

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

satin, as long as ur baby is peeing well, by peeing i mean at his age around 8-10 wet diapers, he is feeding well. there are days when they are more sleepy, or cranky, and do not feed well. i dont think he loses weight and suddenly gains it back the nxt 2 days. :)
    just feed him on demand.
    the first few months ,mommy brain does work overtime :)

4. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Satin, I feel my baby is nice chubby in the morning, same day evening, i feel he has become light, lost weight, didnt eat well, etc :) ya mamma's brain revolves around LOs all the time that we do think too much. If there is a considerable weight gain every month, daily diaper counts are good, then your baby IS A HEALTHY baby, dont worry :)

5. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

We went to the doctor on monday only and my hubby is saying that I am not at all enjoying the baby and he says if I feel the same again we will go to the doctor on monday,so lets see.Thanks for the link.

6. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

hi loonypooh,

thanks for replying.yes my baby is peeing well and he does make lot of wet diapers,but only thing is whenever I think that he is losing weight at those times he definately does not have heavy diapers as he used to,thats what worries me.