1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is marriage important?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by winner09, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Mithy what did you eat today? Perfect advice:thumbsup

2. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Men are in minority on IL. Spidey starting a friendly site for men? we both might be caught wandering on women's section more though :rotfl

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  3. 1janavi

1janavi Bronze IL'ite

Tridev - Iam new to IL and I kinda liked when you questioned spiderman is some post abt why there are girls pictures in his profile.
    .I havn't follow the thread so i dont know what happened later on .Iam mostly lost in this forum.Sorry OP, I din't know where else I could address this

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Are you some interrogation officer? :) What exactly did you like abt the questioning? ROFL!

Next time you are lost, pls. ask for directions at the Info booth located here :)

5. 1janavi

1janavi Bronze IL'ite

Iam not interrogating anyone here.I just felt a little suprised because I thought Tridev wasn't very much into the girl profile picture from the thread I read. Whats ROFL anyways

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

No problem javavi, sometimes I like a friendly banter with you on some threads. ROFL (explains it)

Ok, no more thread digression here. Sorry. Any more tangents, lets chat in Info Booth.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  7. winner09

winner09 New IL'ite

Thanks for everbody who stepped in.

I agree women too causes issues in marriage.
    But the count is very less when compared to the issues caused by men.
    And also whatever be the issues caused by inlaws husband is the one who needs to support his wife. But I see a lot of posts (including mine) in IL which explains the indiffrent behaviour of the husband which transforms the issue into a great problem.

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Maybe, Maybe-not, in Indus"Ladies" - obviously you'll read more issues caused by men. Its the nature of the forum :)

Wait till someone starts the IndusMens :)

9. pshanti1986

pshanti1986 New IL'ite

Well, my take on marriage is different. in my opinion marriage is an institution and a social/societal necessity. It has 2 CEO's - a husband and a wife. The decision to start this institution is never wrong or right. Whether it is successful one or not is decided only if one lives through it for a lifetime nearing death. On the deathbed, if one dies with a smiling satisfaction or grumbles, it doesnot matter. The most important thing is in the journey, one keeps learning new things every day.

Marriage is a learning experience and not an experiment like an institution. One keeps learning the art of communication( with each other and with children, relatives, inlaws, friends and society members), relationship( with all involved parties), establishment(home), HR - employees( cook, housemaid, childminder, nannies, driver etc ), financial management( house, bills, income, expenditure, pension, retirement, future projects etc), Individual and shared responsibilities, and bonding with each other(partnership) and other parties involved and above all medical and health issues. There is bound to be ups and downs in any one of the areas at some point of time or the other. There or no systems or standards. Times change, societal norms change, perspectives change. It is a dynamic process. One can learn the qualities of leadership, adjustment, compromise, love, management through the lifetime.

It is neither easy to quit this institution nor easy to form a new institution based on only one or two departments - like love, same caste, same office collleague, friends, or being rich.

Yes like any institution, even if it is infosys, microsoft or google, this marriage institution also has attrition. people leave due to differences and expectations etc involving one of its departments like, finances, PR, HR, Relationships, burden of responsibilities, emotions, health - infertility, cancer etc. And most of these people( as according to Attrition analysis of big companies) have some psychological problems like depression or personality problem and noone can do anything about them except if they seek psychiatrist or therapist or marital counsellor.

Gradually with time as in western countries, each department of marriage institution will get outsourced and the need for marriage will become less, and then people will go for cohabitation, lesbianism, gayism( depending on their preferences), single parenting, IVF, surrogate parenting, kick children out after age 18, retirement homes, home nursing and health care, care taker facilities, outsource cooking( takeaways, self cooking, eating out, or home deliveries), cleaning services once or twice a week, laundry, taxi service instead of drivers or self driving.

Future women would like to be like Anjelina Jolie whose use their partner to produce more children and men would like to be like tiger woods who want their wives to forgive them, look the other way and be in a stable marriage but keep playing golf with more than 18 holes.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  10. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

For men this a frivolous topic as marriage to them has a different connotation. Its basically to procreate with a suitable partner and also get a house keeper . Since the girl moves in with the husband , its always the DH threatening to divorce or throw out the wife and not vice-versa.
    Maybe if the house belonged to the wife such threats would certainly decrease. They know jolly well that as soon as the girl marries she is considered a guest at her parental home and is at the mercy of her DH and ILs.
    Nowadays marriage is not that important as girls are financially independent , have great jobs, friends circle and freedom.
    Quite a few modern girls delay marriage and say yes only when they wish to settle down , age no bar. They play smart , keep their jobs, money and freedom like men .