1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is Luxury Justified

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

Fridge for one , like my maid can be a luxury, for us a necessity. As u said luxury is relative.Well said.

Yes if the money is ours, hard earned, we deserve to spend it the way we want, and i know , we will be prudent to sepnd the hard earned money,for it comes with much effort.WE deserve the comfrots we give ourselves.

Regards

kamal

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Diva,

Good to know u beleive in charity, and do a lot for animals. Tha tu pay well to yr maid. This shows yr feelings for others less fortunate.

You have earned yr hard earned money, and u are entitled to all the luxuries that u desire. it is yr own money after all.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji luxuries are addictive.In my old flat I just had just one A/C but when I rented it out and moved to Sarkari accomodation when the wife got it. We installed three more A/Cs. (In our old flat one A/C was good enough to keep two rooms cool),. Earlier we used to travel byu bus to work but now even if the car goes for servicing for a day, we feel as if one of our hands is missing. We don;t have a maid to do the cleaning but a dishwasher and washing machine. The cleaning of the house is done by wife and daughter when they are in a mood.But it is done at least once a week. No need for you to feel gulty about your luxuries. You worked hard for years to earn them. And still unlike Mukesh Ambani they haven't turned your head (Imagine Mukesh cleaning toilets in that obscene megastructure, antilla).

1 person likes this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    You are entitled to live a luxurious life through your hard earned money. There is no need to feel guilty about it. In fact things which were considered luxury have now become essential.
    There is nothing wrong living with all comforts when one could afford it through their hard earned money.
    PS

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,
    I do echo all your statements regarding spending on one's own luxury and not to feel guilty about the same, if it is earned through hard working, acting withing means, not cheating and through righteous ways. :thumbsup:

Sriniketan

6. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji,
    A very thought provoking article there.....
    We work hard,we are not cheating anybody so why can`t we indulge in the basic necessities which are not considered a luxury anymore.There is absolutely no need to feel guilty at all.We have all the right to safeguard a little nest egg for any kind of emergencies.

7. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

kamalji, I completely agree with you, this is our hard money so why not enjoy it...after all world cant be flat...rich n poor will always be there...some are rich because of their destiny ...some are because of their hard work....like this some are unprivileged because of destiny (orphan kids) so we should do some charity also for the unfortunate ones....while some are poors as they have lack of vision and hard work....in a family also all siblings get same kind of exposure but not necessary they all land up on same level in terms of financial position....
    I also believe in simple living although not so simple like mahatma Gandhi :).....as you said you can do any kind of chores...people should have that much of humbleness... and we should not get addicted to luxuries so that if life shows us some hard time and we should be able to cope with ...
    regarding maid I really think we should pay them generously but gets pissed off when I see many of them just want money and doesn't want to work properly.... and now a days a post graduate person teaching in pre school...getting 5k for 6 hrs. of work...while maids get around 3000 for cooking 2 times of food and just spending 1 hr still cribbing that they get paid very less and try to give us we are poor kind of emotional blackmail........ sometimes I get melted and sometimes I think practically....you rightly said that help should be done who is needed...if people get easy money it sets wrong example....

8. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Cool winds sometimes I do wonder if this thought process exists only with children. The idea of injustice, and unfairness and viewing the world with all its unfairness can only exist in an innocent child's world who does not see people as haves and have nots but just as human beings.

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

our elders used to say, better see poverty in young age, than in old age. The japanese are saying it the opposite eh ! god knows what is their reasoning.

like u, i too dont have many desires, i was happy with my tabletop, which does mnot get heated, gets repaired easily etc, but my brother gifted me a laptop and i got addicted to it, and now the tabletop is unsued.

i was happy with nokia phone, then brother gifted me with his used Blackberry , which was fine with me, i just got used to it, when he bought me forcefully a new samsung grand mobile, a gift from him to me.And now i am addicted to it.HAHA

But otherwise i have lost desires for new things, happy wiht the old ones, but i guess my brothers are not happy to see me in old things, .God bless the,m, they are very kind.

but yes i splurge on Air condition at night, but druing day, in myu office upstairs, since it is commercial, the rate per unit of electgricity is double of domestic, i dont use the AC, and do with the fan, in the 40 plus head, i am happy.

Well my friend Sri, there i will request to u to get a good phone, u get decent ones for 6000 to 12000 range, and go for samsung, they will bring a new life in u.HAHA.

Well i know what u can do with yr money u see.You can nominate me in yr Fixed deposits, and in yr will.HAHA

What the japanese are saying perhaps , is that, let there not be extremes in the money in yr life, let the flow of money be steady and constant, but i dont think it is practical, money is like the extreme seasons, sometimes u have lots of it, sometimes u dont have enough to buy poison. So take life with a pinch of salt, take it as it comes, and flow with the river, dont oppose it.Soon u will somewhere find the shore and the river banks .

But well, these are deep thoughts, and i am the least capable person to say anything, somethimes these articles make me think and thanks to indus i get the opportunity to discuss these with u all, and it is fun, and i get to learn so much form u all/

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear DG,

Well that is a fact, and u can find it out, that she used to fly first class.
    there is a saying, And again true, Hitler was vegetarian and Mother Teressa was a nonveg.

You seem to be a great fan of hers, i can see that.please dont be very sensitive, everyone has their likes and dislikes, or degree of like. We read it in the papers, we dont go and see in their houses, do we ?

Yes we work hard, and yes we need the rich and the poor to coexist, if all were rich, life would be misery for all, for who would work for whom eh ! HAHA

No offence meant dear friend,

Regards

kamal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.